hyeongjun was on his way to the bathroom, when he heard a familiar voice talking.

"he knows, wwhat do we do now?" a low male voice rasped in a nervous manner.

"oh shut up, koo jungmo," another muffled voice hissed, one that hyeongjun couldn't make out.

hyeongjun froze, straining his ears to make out the two voices. jungmo hyung.

and. . .?

hyeongjun's blood ran cold thinking that they might be talking about him.

"just because he knows that someone's out to kill him, it doesn't mean he knows who," the muffled voice whispered, annoyed.

hyeongjun shook nervously with chills running down his spine.

no way. s―so it was jungmo who wanted to kill him all along? not. . .wonjin? but then, what was that hint about ye―

just right at this moment, hyeongjun's phone dinged loudly with a text from yuri and he mentally cursed at her.

oh my god, why now? im gonna get spotted, shit.

"w―who's there?" jungmo's voice thundered and hyeongjun ran out of his hiding spot of hiding around a corner in the corridor, hoping that jungmo and the other guy wouldn't spot him.

"hyeongjun ah!" jungmo shouted after him.

crap, crap, crap. what do i do now?

someone grabbed his arm and hyeongjun stopped cold, looking up at the person.

he almost melted with relief when he saw who it was.

"m―minhee hyung," the younger boy breathed out. "what's wrong, what happened?" minhee's eyes went wide when he saw hyeongjun panicking and squeezed his hand gently.

"i know this is gonna sound ridiculous, b―but jungmo hyung, hhe's out to kill me! i swear i'm not lying!" hyeongjun's words came out in a tumbled rush.

the colour drained from minhee's face. "what?"

an unsettled feeling bloomed in hyeongjun's chest, as he glanced at minhee.

no, not minhee hyung! it's jungmo, and i clearly heard it just now!

his phone rang loudly, and hyeongjun scrambled to pick up this call, thinking it might be one of wonyoung's another mysterious calls.

"it's not him."

just those three words, and then the unknown caller hung up.

him? as in jungmo, or minhee?

hyeongjun decided to ignore his gut instincts that were screaming at him to suspect minhee, not just jungmo alone.

"hyeongjun ah, i don't understand what's happening, can you explain everything to me? everything, and i mean everything," minhee said firmly, looking genuinely concerned for hyeongjun.

there's no way it'd be minhee hyung, hyeongjun thought, swallowing his saliva. just look how concerned he is.

and so, hyeongjun spilled everything to minhee, from head to toe, and even what he heard on his way to the bathroom.

"don't worry, hyeongjun ah, i'll keep you safe," minhee said, once again squeezing hyeongjin's hand.

but what bothered hyeongjun was that minhee didn't even question the fact that wonyoung was alive.

and, hyeongjun definitely didn't feel safe with minhee. yet.

and yet, little did hyeongjun know, minhee was secretly smirking.

sooo do y'all still think it's wonjin who's the killer? or is it jungmo or minhee? (;; or could it be hyunbin, since he's so quiet in the story??

and here's another hint for you, it's the song that was mentioned twice in the book. the hint has nothing to do with the story, but more with produce x 101, yea?

and who do ya think is the killer? comment down here 👇