the next day at school, all the hyungs were giving hyeongjun dirty looks about yesterday.

well, everyone but wonjin.

he, instead, seemed to be smiling to himself often. he was an cloud nine today, and was so obliviously oblivious to one of hyeongjun's another 'outbursts' yesterday.

"song hyeongjun!" a female voice boomed and hyeongjun eyes snapped up to look at his form teacher, mrs park, staring at him. "what is the answer to this question?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at him, nodding at a question on the whiteboard.

hyeongjun started panicking immediately. he had been daydreaming again, in mrs park's class, and he hadn't expected her to call his name out.

he looked at minhee, who was sitting next to him, but he was busy scribbling notes in his notebook.

damn it, hyeongjun cursed in his head, smiling awkwardly and nervously at his teacher.

"well?"

"it's 6n―2," hyeongjun heard minhee's voice from his side, and he repeated the answer minhee gave him. mrs park seemed pleased and told him to sit down.

right at this moment, the bell rang, and everyone, and i mean everyone, came alive at the thought of lunch break. everyone in class made a run for the cafeteria, the boys hollering a string of curses over the pandemonium.

well, everyone but hyeongjun and minhee.

minhee had to wait for hyeongjun, since they were good friends and of the same age.

at the cafeteria, minhee snagged an empty table as he waited for the other hyungs and hyeongjun went to buy their food.

after everyone was seated at their usual table―hyeongjun, minhee, wonjin, jungmo, hyunbin, and surprisingly, even ga hyeon and yujin, with their food, everyone started talking about how school was that day.

"ugh, mr yang hyun suk is a total dickhe―" hyunbin began saying, and jungmo clapped a hand over hyunbin's mouth, glaring at him. "language, moon hyunbin."

"i know right!" ga hyeon chirped up, scrunching her nose at the thought of yang hyun suk, the teacher that everyone hated (even me lmao). "the other day he was teaching our class, and he's such a biased bitch! ugh, i remember how he kept letting bang yedam off the hook even though he kept fooling around in class, and scolded me and seunghun instead! (y'all this is a ygtb reference ayee)"

hyeongjun sighed, listening to his friends' usual chatter. he wished he could talk like them, casually, friendly not having a care about the world and just. . .badmouthing the teachers easily.

but he knew he couldn't.

he just couldn't get wonyoung off his mind, and every time he tried to forget her, she just, somehow. . .popped back into his mind.

he noticed minhee sitting next to him, immersed in his own thoughts and picking at his food.

"you should eat."

minhee looked up, met hyeongjun's gaze, and offered him a soft smile. he glanced at hyeongjun's plate. "says the one."

"it's just. . .wonyoung, she. . ." minhee opened his mouth and the younger boy flinched hearing his best friend's name.

"oh, right. sorry," minhee mumbled, turning away from hyeongjun.

hyeongjun wanted to talk more to minhee, about what he was about to say about wonyoung, but decided against it.

he stood up quietly, careful not to attract any attention, and slipped away to the toilet.

he leaned against the wall, breathing heavily. he splashed cold water in his face, waking him up from his slumber.

"this will be the last time, song hyeongjun, the last time. after this one last call, you'll move on with life and forget her, okay?" hyeongjun said to himself, fishing his phone out of his pocket.

he clicked on wonyoung's number, but he accidentally pressed on the chat button.

he froze when he saw that wonyoung was active now. w―what? how can she be active? is she still ali―

fueled by a new sense of excitement, hyeongjun called her number eagerly.

after two rings, someone picked up the call.

hyeongjun's heart leaped as he muttered, "w―wonyoung?"

however, a frantic, high pitched voice greeted him back, and chills ran down his spine. "h―hyeongjun, h―help me please."

it was wonyoung.

im sorry omg i know this chapter sucked fnwndk