it's been a week.

"hyeongjun ah!" the brown haired boy snapped his fingers in front of the younger boy, worry lacing his voice.

however, the latter remained quiet, staring into space. his mind wondered to. . .wonyoung.

the four other boys at the table shared a concern look with one another, each of them shaking their heads, not knowing what to do.

"hyeongjun ah, i get that you're upset about wonyoung's de―" jungmo spoke up, lightly nudging hyeongjun's shoulder.

wonyoung ah, i miss you. but, the younger boy tuned out his hyung's words and returned to his dreamy state, when all he could do was think about his best friend. jang wonyoung.

wonyoung had died a week ago.

and all the police could conclude was that it was suicide. suicide. the thought of it made hyeongjun's eyes well up with tears.

there was no way wonyoung would commit suicide.

she was such a bubbly, cheerful girl. she never gave up easily, and did everything in her power to achieve high results.

hyeongjun started to feel the tears gathering at the back of his eyes.

"song hyeongjun!" he finally snapped out of his train of thoughts when wonjin finally shouted at him, gaining the attention of every student in the cafeteria.

"h―hyung. . ." hyeongjun stammered, shaking with silent tears. wonjin softened immediately, his eyes turning round with worry and fear, fear maybe, for breaking the young, fragile boy that sat before him.

"look, i know you miss her, hyeongjun ah, we all do," wonjin whispered to hyeongjun softly, squeezing his hand.

the older hyung missed hyeongjun's smiles, and wanted so desperately to get it back.

"wonyoung, she. . ." hyeongjun forced out the words that's been choking up his throat. "there's no way she'd commit suicide."

not this again. hyunbin and wonjin shared a furtive look, and hyunbin said, "hyeongjun ah, the police have already confirmed it. wonyoung did commit suicide. i know you're trying to deny the truth, but that's not the right wa―"

hyeongjun's lower lip trembled and hyunbin sensed that he was about to cry. again. hence, hyunbin decided to shut up quickly.

everyone watched as hyeongjun stood up gingerly from his seat, his hands balled and trembling. "ii need the bathroom for a while." and with those few words, he walked swiftly away from his hyungs.

the other four boys' heart ached for their maknae. they hadn't known what to do with him, or for him. all they could do was comfort him, but even they knew it would be pointless.

in the bathroom, tears rolled down hyeongjun's cheeks everytime he blinked, and he was shaking uncontrollably. tears blurred his vision as he whipped his phone out of his pocket, starring at his lock screen of wonyoung and him.

unconsciously, he unlocked his phone―a star, something that represented wonyoung, in his opinion―and dialled her number.

he leaned against the cold, hard, marble wall, waiting desperately to hear wonyoung's voice on the other end.

he knew it was useless, that she wouldn't answer, but he couldn't stop the tiniest flare of hope that she would be still alive.

as usual, the robotic voice the user is unavailable now rang in his ears, not wonyoung's sweet, melodic voice.

tears streamed down his cheeks and he buried his face in his hands, sobbing.

wonyoung ah, i miss you so much. please come back.

wow this chapter is so sad im sorry huhu ㅠ_ㅠ i was thinking about hyeongjun crying in episode 2 the whole time i was writing this ):