Chapter 6 (BONUS CHAPTER)

Start from the beginning

"Of course not."

Taehyung is used to this feeling by now, but he can't seem to give up.

"Jungkook, I love you."

"You can't," the other alpha said back, like he had done many times before. "I've said it over and over. You have a mate."

"What if I never had a mate? What if I never married anyone? Would you have said yes?" Taehyung asked as he walked closer.

Jungkook doesn't back up. He kept eye contact and, again, said the same answer. "No."

Taehyung stopped when he's really close. "It's because we're both alphas, isn't it?"

"Yes," Jungkook replied, and their eyes are leveled and close. Taehyung loves how close they are in height, with Jungkook being taller by a couple centimeters despite being the younger one. Jungkook pushed him away, but Taehyung's hands grip onto his shoulders.

"I don't want to mate an alpha, Taehyung. It's disgusting and wrong."

Taehyung is also used to this. It hurt him at first, hearing the one he loves tell him that he despised him. However, that was before. Now, it doesn't bother him anymore when Jungkook tells him that because...

Taehyung held the back of Jungkook's neck firmly with his right hand while his left hand wrapped around his waist. He pulled him even closer than before, to the point where their noses are touching.

Jungkook's eyes are wide and his lips are slightly parted in surprise. His arms are awkwardly by his side as he grew flustered from not knowing what to do. Taehyung smiled cheekily at his sudden shyness.

"You say that it's disgusting and wrong..."

Taehyung closes his eyes and kisses Jungkook, who is still stiff. It'll only be for a short while.

Jungkook tried to push the older alpha away, but the more he does that, the more Taehyung's hold tightens and kisses become more passionate. He told himself to be strong, but like Taehyung predicted, he lost and melt into his arms. Jungkook grew warm and didn't realize how much he actually enjoyed the lips on his.

Just as he is returning the kiss and finally placed his palms on Taehyung's lower back, the older alpha pulled away abruptly, making Jungkook chase after his lips. He wanted more.

"If you think this is so disgusting and wrong, I'll stop."

Jungkook is left angry, unsatisfied, and very confused as Taehyung took his leave.

~~

When Jungkook first met Taehyung, he felt very grateful towards him. He basically saved his life by offering a job. It made him determined to serve Taehyung as best as he can, until the man started to act oddly over time.

Jungkook found it absolutely unacceptable when he found out that Taehyung is going to attempt to pursue him. Back then, he thought, "How could he do this? Isn't he betraying his husband?"

Now, as he pulled Taehyung by his tie to kiss him inside the car, Jungkook had to ask himself those exact questions. "How could I do this? How could I betray Jimin?"

It was that moment that his affair with Taehyung began. He had realized that, like the married alpha, he can't stop himself.

He just couldn't stop himself from falling in love with another person.

When they pulled away, Jungkook saw that he was on top of Taehyung, both breathless. They were still in the back of the car, parked somewhere isolated. It's getting late and if they stay for too long, people will get suspicious.