Chapter 28: Forgiven Apologies

Craig walked up to him and sat on the edge of Kenny's worn-down couch. Tweek watched with crossed arms as he mumbled something to himself. Seemingly done, Craig gave a deep sigh and prepared.

     "Listen. I know what I said was...way passed the line. I regret saying it a lot actually. I was caught up in the moment, a little angry, so I wasn't really thinking. You know that I don't like," he gestured towards the door behind Tweek. "So I gave you hell for it. Honestly, as I've said before, it's for your safety that he shouldn't be around, even now. That being said, I'm extremely pained, and I'm s-".

    "You're sorry? Really Craig? I can sort of, maybe, forgive you for saying what you said to me. But I'm just sick and tired of being treated like a child! I know why you don't trust Kenny, and it's kind of your darn fault. He's changed, but you're so held up on the past that you don't see that."

    He saw Craig look up with a shocked expression. "How-How do you-"

    Tweek continued. "I understand that he's done wrong before, but he's fine now. You have to accept that. Just because you won't hang anywhere around him, doesn't mean I don't anything to do with him either. If you bothered to look past the stupid stuff he's done with his friends, you'd see how he's hardly that different from any of us. Kenny's as human as us."

    Token came up and pulled him into a hug. "That's our Tweek." He lowered his voice to a whisper. "Don't ever let anyone tell you what to do. You are your own person. Just like Kenny. Just like Craig and us. Good job." Tweek hugged back before they broke it up. "Although, I still claim you as my kid though. That ain't changin' anytime soon." 

  "I wouldn't mind that, I suppose" They shared a small laugh before Token's phone rang. "Shit." Tweek watched as Token went from proud and happy to upset and...Scared. 'What's wrong? It's just a phone call. Is it his parents?' He put up a finger in a 'one moment' gesture and walked outside hastily. 

  Clyde walked behind Craig and hushed, "Who do you think it is?" Craig shrugged and looked back at Tweek (sort of, if you count looking at him then immediately looking at the ground). Tweek looked at him and blinked slowly. "I forgive your apology, what little I managed to let you say before buttin' in."

   Craig looked back up and nodded. 'You don't look or act like someone who's sorry for anything.'  

   "Did McCormick tell you everything then?" Tweek let himself drift over to the couch before plopping down. "Well, as much as I decided. It wasn't much actually. He just told me how you two first started all that, then your last few moments together."

    "That's it? I'm surprised that little muskrat didn't tell you every little detail." As Craig positioned himself to sit on the opposite side of the couch as him, Tweek kicked him. "Hey! The hell?"

  "Kenny is not a muskrat! He's more of a...a meerkat. But as for the story, I wasn't given quite the full story since some people came here with a hostage." Craig gasped and put his hand to his heart, acting hurt. "We did not necessarily take Butters as hostage! He was just happening to be going exactly where we were too, so we tagged along."

  Tweek's mouth opened a little in disbelief. "Basically, a hostage."

    "HEWASNOTAHOSTAGE!" Craig sat up and snapped at Clyde. "Clyde! Tell him that we did NOT take Butters as a hostage!"

    'I wanna see this'. Tweek got as comfortable as he could while Clyde was looking between him and Craig. "But...I thought that was kind of our plan? SORRY UM, NOpe. We definitely did not take him as hostage. Absolutely not." Meanwhile, Craig was glaring dangerously at him. 

    Before Tweek could make a remark at Craig, Token somberly walked back in. Token took a deep breath before turning back around and walking over. "Well, don't look so happy, buddy. All good?" He came and sat between Tweek and Craig. "Oh, this day just keeps getting better by the minute."

    Token pulled out his phone and fiddled with it. "You uh, wanna talk about what that was then?" Clyde walked around the couch and leaned over, wrapping his arms around Token's neck. "Yeaah, what's wrong buuddy?" Tweek nudged his leg with his shoe. "Come ooonn."

    "Okay okay." Token paused as he thought." Listen, I know how we just left the police station, and how I want absolutely nothing to do with them, but we have to go back. They...Have something they need to discuss.".

    There was an odd tone in Token's voice as he spoke. 'What are we about to go do?' Tweek watched Craig lock eyes with him. 'He doesn't have a clue either'.  Craig got up and stretched. "Well. Thanks for the ominous prophecy. Do we have to go 'fulfill' it now or whatever."

  "Or whatever would be preferable." Clyde let go as Token got up as well, leaving Tweek alone on the couch. "If we're leaving, can I at least go tell Kenny and Butters goodbye?" He asked. Token waved his hand and walked towards the door, following Craig. 

   Taking the time he had, Tweek hopped over the couch and went to knock on Kenny's door. "kENNY!" He loudly whispered. A moment later a different blonde, but one he was still happy to see, opened the door. "Tweek? Are ya leaving? I didn't even get ta talk with yoouuu!"

   Tweek gave a small laugh and embraced his friend. "I knoww, maybe some other time, old friend." As he practically bear-hugged Butters, he saw Kenny sitting on his bed. After the two finally let go of each other, he walked over to Kenny, who had gotten up as well.

   "Well, I'm sorry for everything that happened. I hope that one day you and Craig can maybe be. I don't know, 'friends' seems like a rather strong word. Aquaintances?"

   Kenny chuckled as he gave Tweek a hug. "Maybe one day. Might take a while though before he can warm back up to me." Kenny ruffled Tweeks hair as he backed up. "Oh hey. Should we go ask Karen for that little bird of yours?" Tweek shook his head. "Might be better to stay here if you don't mind. I'll leave the food here."

   Agreeing after being told where he was headed, Kenny handed Tweek his bag. "Go get 'em tiger!" He laughed as he went out the door. "Keep safe you two," Tweek yelled behind him as he walked up to join the rest of his friends.