Chapter 17: In The Meantime

(Another person's side of all this? Interesting...At least I hope it is. I wanted to upload another chap before I go through a rough few days, that and I couldn't find a good pic for that chapter I wanted to make.)

                                                                Kennys POV

         Kenny watched as the four boys got into the police car. For once in his immortal life, it wasn't him and his friends getting into one. The whole scene that had just played out kept replaying in his head. Where Tweek's parents always like that? Ken never paid a lot of attention to Craig's group, he was forced to. Nothing happened if he were to talk with, per se, Clyde or Token, but Tweek was off-limits. Or else.

         "I wonder what's gonna happen to them", Stan whispered, low enough for the group to hear. Everyone watched the car drive off as they talked. "I don't know dude but, poor Tweek. To have that happen, it almost seems good that he left his house and hid somewhere.", the ginger replied. "Hey, Stan? doesn't your dad get-","Shut up fatass." And the bickering begins. God Kenny couldn't stand it when they all fought.

         Everyone was still standing in their circle for about a minute after they left. Once everyone drifted away, he and his friends were the only ones there, mostly because they were to busy dealing with each other to realize that everyone had left. "Mmph mph mm phm? (Do you think they'll be alright), he asked, eyes still locked on where the car faded away. The police would probably question him, but what for Craig, Clyde, and Token? Did they have any part in this?

         Stan and the other two stopped bickering and looked at him. "Uh, yeah, they should be.", Kyle said. Ken probably wasn't supposed to, but he heard Stan mumble a 'maybe' under his breath. "C'mon, let's go back to Stan's.", Kyle also added. Until their mother's found them. "It's late, you should get ready to come home, it's past your bedtime". Everyone sighed and went back to Stan's to pack up.

         "I thought we were supposed to spend the night?", Cartman asked with a snippy tone as he packed his stuff. Stan looked as if he wanted to say something, but his mother came into his room and talked instead. "Randy and I have somewhere to go into the morning, and Shelly is at a friends house." Bullshit. They might not know this, but Shelly and his older brother hooked up a few months ago. This being so, Ken really doubted that she was at another 'friends' house. "Even so, all of your parents would like you all at home after...tonights incident." What, they don't trust us around his semi-alcoholic dad? Hold up, my parents agreed on this too?!

         "Everyone's parents should be here in a second, so make sure you have everything ready for when they get here", she added before walking back out. Kenny was still in silent shock that his own alcoholic, drug-addicted parents, don't want him around his best friends barely alcoholic father. He blicked a few times as he grabbed something of his and put it into his bag. Knowing quite well that his family doesn't have a motorized vehicle and that he'd have to walk the distance home, he took his sweet time.

         Watching as Kyle and Cartman left, Kenny stayed a little bit longer, of course, this was without Stan's mother knowing. When his mother called his name though, Ken finally slipped out the door and left. He had to crouch under Stan's window so that she wouldn't see him as he walked away. Once away from his friend's house, Ken started thinking. Did he even see his parents at the sight gathering? Going back to that time, no, no he didn't. Did someone inform them of what happened? No, they don't have phones.

         Everything that he thought of was quickly shot down, there was no way that they could've known about this. Maybe Stan's mom didn't think it was fair that only he would've been able to stay there. Or, what if she thought that his parents needed to care. Like, she knew that they wouldn't have cared about it, but figured that he still shouldn't be around it. That makes no sense! Kenny groaned aloud stopped walking. Man, he didn't want to go home. 

          As he started his journey once more, he noticed Tweek's house on the other side. Is wasn't entirely noticeable, well...Except for the fact that the front door and top window were wide open. Did Tweek sleep with the window open? Oh Jeez, he didn't jump out the window to run away from them did he? Then they stormed out the front door to find him? Come to think of it, he did seem in real bad shape when he walked up toward the police cars. 

         Curiosity built up inside of him, he had to know what Tweek' life was like in that house. Despite the sense of knowing exactly what would happen to him if he found out about what he was doing, Ken still ran across the street to his fellow blonde's house. As he walked up to his door, Kenny noticed that the bush below what he had only assumed was Tweek's window, was mildly misshapen. Fuck. He did jump.

          Taking a deep breath, or tried to, he walked into the house. The reason he says that he 'tried to', was because, even before entering, such a strong aroma of alcohol hit him. The whole table and floor around the couch were engulfed with empty and partly with bottles of alcohol, not even including the broken ones and shards that were strewn across the place. If it wasn't for the fact that the house itself was in good condition, Ken could almost mistake it for his own home. Just glancing at the stairs, he felt uneasy.

           Slowly but surely, he walked up the stairs. It wasn't exactly hard to tell which was Tweek's, this being because his door was open for one, and two; didn't reek of Bacardi or Hennessy. Unlike how you could mistake his living room for Kenny's, Tweek's room was messier, not by much though. If didn't seem like Tweek had many more toys than he himself did. Good to know? Ken took note of the bedroom alignment, sorta like a detective would a crime scene.

      Tweek's bed was vertical, about 2 feet away from the window, which was halfway between the walls. He had a small writing desk that was littered with coffee cups, pencils, and papers that was up against the wall, around 5 or 6 feet away from the bed. In the corner of the room, between the desk and the wall, was a stand holding what appeared to be a large metal cage of some sorta. Does Tweek have a bird? Cute. 3 inches in front of the drawer was his closet, which was closed.

      After taking note of his room, Kenny walked over and shut Tweek's window. Why, he didn't know, common courtesy? Anyways, he walked back out and took another semi-deep breath. He really didn't want to see his parent's room, who knows what happens in there. Since Ken couldn't talk to anyone in Craig's group, well, he could but he doesn't, he mostly got intel on them from rumors. This being because there had been a silent rumor that died after a day that Tweek's dad was bringing home girls every night. Of course, he ignored it, but he was never sure.

         He took his eyes off the door and was about to head back downstairs until he noticed something. The bathroom door was open, and the light was on. It was weird that he hadn't noticed before. Alike the window, he went over to turn off the light, but, he took careful consideration of the floor. It had a light, light shade of pink to it. He saw it because it kind of clashed against the surprising white-ness of the tiles. If he wasn't so observant, he probably wouldn't have seen it, but he did.

          To be honest, it alarmed him. Ken knew that there was only one thing that could've made the color. It was cleaned blood. He removed his hood so that he could investigate more. There was no smell trace of any fresh cleaning product in the air, so it wasn't recently. Even so, he was still worried. Looking around, it only seemed to be in one general spot, so no blood dripped through the hallway or anything. Did something only happen in here?

      Ken quietly ran down the stairs into the kitchen. There had to have been something that was used to cause someone to bleed. He checked all the silverware for the same faded pink, but he saw none. Either his parents were sober enough to really clean off any evidence, or something else happened. Putting away the utensils, Ken walked back upstairs. There has to be something here that he was missing. 

      Re-entering the bathroom, he lowered and sat on the toilet seat. Nothing really seemed to make sense. He didn't check the father's room, but he was hella scared too, even if it showed him what really happened. Before he got up, he noticed that there were drawers by the sink. There was a cabinet, but he really didn't think of checking it. Kenny got up and crouched in front of the drawers, did they hide anything in here? He closed his eyes as he did a silent prayer, then he opened the drawer.