Chapter 26: History

Kennys POV

    'Me and Craig...' He was forced to swear that he'd never tell another soul what they'd done. Could he really break it here, to the exact person he was told not to tell? "Listen, Tweek, it's... a very long and complicated story." 

     "You told me that this was going fine, I trusted you!"

    "Well, unless you got some other plans, I think we got time. Not sure about the complicated part, but I'll try to keep along." Technically he did have other plans, whenever they arrived. He didn't really want to tell Tweek that though. 

    "How was I supposed to know?! I didn't think any of this would happen!"

     Kenny sighed.  He really didn't have a choice in this matter. He wanted to know why Tweek was here, what happened. But, that required unburying a long, unforgotten memory. "If you're sure about this. But, there's a bit of backstory before we get to the fighting, so bear with me."

     "What the hell are you doing?" Kenny whipped his head around to look at who was talking. Good, it wasn't Karen or Kevin. Bad, it was Craig. "Ehhh, 'sup. I'm um, working on a...project."

     Craig sauntered up to see what he was doing, muttering a 'bullshit' under his breath. 'Ah, crap, I've done for.' Taking the moment he had, he slipped off the latex gloves he was wearing." Are you putting cat urine in drugs?!" Kenny nodded his head, looking at the poor, helpless cat meowing in front of him. 

   "I need to make money somehow, dads' been fired for going to work drunk and fighting someone. This," he gestured to everything displayed before them," is the absolute best way to go about it, for me at least." It made rather good money.

    Studying one of the vials, Craig picked one up and flicked it, watching the substance move about. "What the hell is this?" Kenny took back the bottle before replying. "This right here is meth, best on the market actually. I get it off sixth graders and sell it back infused with, well, cat urine. Really f's you up, bud."

   "Kenny, this shit is dangerous. Why do have so much of it anyway? This can't all be for making stupid deals with sixth graders, is it?" He rubbed his hands and walked to another side of the room. "I mean, not allll of it is for deals. Some get shipped out to a friend of ours, and I keep some for me."

   He walked over to a stack of small papers and grabbed a sheet. "Allow me to show you."

   "I ain't fucking smoking any of this."

   "Oh come on, just a little bit. Plus, you're way too young to be smoking cigarettes, but ya still do." Craig growled quietly and went to sit on one of the couches nearby. Carefully, Kenny rolled up some meth in the paper and shut it, making sure it wouldn't open again. He walked back over to Craig and sat next to him, offering the meth. 

    Scowling, he pulled out a lighter from his pocket and snatched the blunt. "Swear to hell, if anything happens to me I'm seriously gonna hurt you." Craig lit the paper ablaze, took a long breath in, then broke into a coughing fit. "Hehe, guess it might be a big step for a cigarette-smoker." 

    "Woah woah woah woah woah. Are you trying to tell me you and Craig did straight meth together? Jesus Christ!" Tweek leaned back against the bed with wide eyes. "The hell's the matter? You drink it constantly. You are literally addicted to it. So is anyone that drinks anything coming from your little coffee shop!" 

     He playfully pushed Kenny's shoulder. "Shut up. I don't do it straight, though. For me it's in the coffee, that's how I got addicted to it, thanks to my parents. I would definitely not do drugs, way too much pressure, man."

   Tweek rubbed his face and yawned. "Okay so, what happened after that? Did Craig force you to stop dealing drugs?" Kenny gave a little laugh. "Actually, quite the opposite. I managed to get Craig on board with that whole operation. Come over every now and then, smoke with me, hang out, share stories we couldn't even complete since we were high off our asses...It was fun."

   Memories flashed back to a time where things were okay between them. Everything was great. "So...What happened for you two to just suddenly break apart so viciously?" Kenny lowered his head, "Well..."

   'Fuck! Shit! What the hell am I gonna do now?!' Every thought was coming at once, blaring loudly in his head, loud enough he didn't hear the door slam open. "What the hell?! I thought this was going just fine, I trusted you!"

    "How was I supposed to know?! I didn't think any of this would happen!"  Kenny started pacing quickly along the side of the room. They were in deep shit now. Way too deep. "They shouldn't have been there," he whispered.

  Craig scoffed and punched the wall. "Little too late to be saying that! I wouldn't have done all of this if I'd been told the police might get involved." 

  "Well hell, I wouldn't of either!" Kenny screamed and slid down the wall. 'I'm so fucked. They have to know who we are, not like either of our group are quiet in this town, especially mine'. He covered his face in his palms. What had he started? "I never should have joined."

   Kenny looked up at him. "Craig, listen-"

   "NO! You listen to me! Your stupid ass little group of idiot friends has never caused anything but trouble for everyone around them. I am sick of being one of those people who get dragged right in. I won't let you hurt any one of my friends, don't involve them with anything!" Saying what he had to say, Craig stormed back out into the night.

   "Ironically, I'm still here dealing meth with you after all these years." Tweek chimed in. He was curled into a ball with his knees wrapped up tight to his chest. "Guess you are. Don't think Craig knows that yet, hopefully. But he knows you talk to me, which is enough to make him angry." Kenny saw him shake his head slightly. " What say should he have in what I do?"

  Kenny sighed as he stretched out his limbs. "In all honesty. I understand why he has the rules on you he does." He put up one finger to signal 'wait' before Tweek could finish his word." We -Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and I- have been known for our dangerous antics, extremely dangerous. I can understand, as an older sibling, why he wouldn't want you around me or them. To keep you safe."

  Tweek settled back down. 'Even if you want to keep him safe, you can't just treat him like a little kid.' They were both comfortable sitting when the doorbell jolted them up. 'Oh hell'. They exchanged a glance, both afraid of who was behind the door. Cautiously, they would their way to the door. Kenny looked through a chip in the door.

   "What are you-?" Without listening to the rest of the sentence, Kenny opened the door. "Butters! You're here." Butters exchanged a bright smile to both of them. "Well howdy, fellers! Tweek, good to see you! Figured you might have been here." 

   Kenny blinked at him, stunned. "What do you... What, what do you mean by that?"

   "Oh, well, I was on my way here when his friends stopped me and asked to take them to you. Hope that was alright with you."