26- Watching Horror Movies With Bruce And Skittles

Start from the beginning

“You’re still not with Blake? I thought you two were already together.”

“Well we’re not.” I snapped and continued piping the frosting on the cupcake. “If that’s all, can you please leave?”

“Beth, what happened?”

Still focusing on the cupcakes, I asked, “What do you mean? What are you talking about?”

“Something obviously happened.” She stated as a matter of fact. “You’ve locked yourself up in here, you haven’t been as happy as you were these past few weeks, and you’re way grumpier now than before. So what happened?”

“Nothing happened. “ I lied with ease.

One thing I would love to change was how comfortable I was with lying. I was pretty good at it and I was not liking it. Growing up with a father who constantly cheated on my mother, who told me to help him lie to my mother made me a splendid liar.

And apparently I had been able to fool myself.

“Stop lying.” Dani said. “I’ve never seen you so happy before you were with Blake, and now you’re not even smiling a little, so I know something happened. You don’t need to tell me Beth. But do keep in mind that I ship you with Blake. He’s good for you. You’ve never been happier, anyone with eyes could see it.”

I think she said what she wanted to say because she left me back to my own little work bubble after she said that. I kept my mind clear for the rest of the day and didn’t let Dani’s words get into my head.

The next day however, her words went floating back in my head. It was the first thing that popped in my mind when I woke up. And it was five in the morning, too early for any thoughts, too early for my brain to function.

Reese went by the bakery today with Liam who was secretly stuffing his face with the reject cookies he found in my office fridge. Everyone, and I mean everyone, even Marcus said that something was off. Reese told me almost the same thing Dani said.

I don’t know whether I should be offended or not. Hearing those words from them sounded like I had made the right decision. They make it sound like my happiness relied on Blake.

One Week Later

My love for ice cream has dangerously increased. I bought over seven pints of Ben and Jerry’s, finished around two packages of cookies and to match my hazardous increase of sugar intake, I watched a lot of movies, and finally finished my one thousand piece puzzle set, twice. Bruce and Skittles were playing as I was about to finished and they just ran straight past my almost finished puzzle, flinging the tiny pieces all around my living room.

On Tuesday, Reese had barged in the bakery looking for me. Apparently Dani had spilled to her what I have been doing recently which includes not leaving the baking room, glaring at almost anyone and everything, and kicking anyone who enters the baking room out, and she most likely concludes that it had something to do with Blake.

I was not happy.

So Reese marches in the room, grabs the front of my whites, and drags me out and in my office before shutting the door behind her.

“You need to stop looking like a baking addict hobo.” Those were the first words she said to me. “I don’t know what happened between you and your boyfriend but I do know that you need to get over what happened, or at least fix things through.”

“I am fixing it.” I muttered, straightening my now wrinkled whites. “I just ironed these.”

“And what have you been doing to ‘fix’ it?” she said, air quoting, with a brow raised.