Part 9 - Veritaserum

A/N: I left you guys with quite the cliffhanger on that last chapter! Only one more part after this! Hope you guys enjoy :)

Check out my Tumblr @swellwritingfor more stories and tor make requests, like drabbles for this series! <3 the Final part of this series will be posted NEXT thrusday!

Word Count: 3.5k

The dog sat patiently on the opposite side of the screen door. Y/n was more curious than scared of it, it was just a dog anyways, the man she was in love with was a werewolf so a dog really wasn't much to fear.

"Hi dog." She said and it's head tilted to one side as if it was listening.

"You lost or something? Me too, well I'm not technically lost, but I feel like I am."

The dog stayed silent, staring at her intently.

"You see, my friend, one of the few still alive actually, just got arrested by a few Aurors, I knew two of them from school actually. They also took my boyfriend, it feels weird to call him that out loud. I just feel really alone, like everything I have been doing for the past month or so has been so in the moment, and I've had Remus with me the whole time but now I'm alone and just sitting here is driving me crazy! I'm talking to a dog!"

She spilled all her feelings out loud, it felt good but it also brought tears to her eyes, her face fell to her hands as she still sat on the floor, a puddle of her own misery.

"You're not alone." A voice said from the other side of the door, a voice she recognized. She looked up and saw a filthy looking Sirius Black, head to toe in an Azkaban uniform.

"No," Y/n whispered to herself as she fumbled around, moving away from the door and grabbing her wand, she pushed herself across the floor shaking her head as she repeated, "no, no no no. Not you."

"Y/n listen to me. I know I don't know you very well but," he tried to open the screen door and come in but she raised her wand and interrupted him.

"Don't you dare come in here or I'll kill you I swear I will."

Sirius backed away from the door and lifted his hands in the air.

Y/n got to her feet, standing and still holding her wand out. "You're supposed to be in Azkaban! Oh, Merlin, you're here to finish the job, to kill Harry aren't you, he isn't here, no one is here!" She cried out.

"I'm not here to hurt you, please let me explain."

Y/n stared at him for a few minutes, thinking of what she could do. She finally dropped her arm to her side, lowering her wand, she moved her other hand making the door open, "Fuck it, I might as well hear your story before you kill me," she said with a tired shrug as she walked over to the couch and sat down. Sirius hesitantly walked in the door and then sat on the edge of the windowsill, not wanting to sit too close to her on the couch and freak her out.

"Explain Black," she muttered crossing her arms and leaning back into the cushions.

-

After about an hour of talking and explaining Y/n finally understood.

"Okay, so Peter was made the secret keeper, he told Voldemort their location and got them killed. The only person who knew Peter was the secret keeper was you, and James and Lily. Remus didn't get told because you didn't trust him?"

"To be fair he didn't trust me either," Sirius interjected.

"That's ridiculous, Remus would never."

"Neither would I!" He argued defending himself.

"Okay, Peter does seem the type, he always weirded me out." She admitted and then shook her head, trying to focus on what she was saying before.