Part 5 - Full Moon

A/N: this part is dramatic and angsty!!  (also remember you can read and request drabbles on my Tumblr if you need MORE angst or want me to elaborate on any of the things I mentioned at the end!)

Word Count: 4k

Warning: Some descriptions of violence, blood and injuries.

A week had passed. Remus had drunk the Wolfsbane each day and tonight when the full moon came out they would find out if it worked or not.

"So how should we do this?" Y/n asked as they laid on the hood of the car, enjoying a bit of the rare mid-November sun.

"Well, there are a few things to think about. The Wolfsbane tastes like it usually does, horrid, and I'm not trying to question your potion making skills but if it doesn't work we have to be prepared. I can't be sleeping in the car when I turn, I'll get out too easy the windows are too breakable. We also need to put you somewhere safe, away from me just in case."

"What if you need me?" She asked as she turned on her side moving to lean on her elbow and propping her head up with her palm. He looked at her, the way she didn't look at him as a beast, she wasn't scared, just worried.

"Your safety is more important than my needs." He said, insistent. He brushed a loose strand of hair behind her ear and noted the way the sun was shining on her hair in an angelic sort of way.

It's probably not good to idolize people, especially real people that you know. But Remus couldn't help but think of Y/n as an angel, a forgiving, caring and kind angel that he was lucky enough to have in his life. Even if it was a life filled with only friendship and fleeting touches. Even if he had to spend his whole life going no further than brushing her hair out of her face, his finger tracing the shape of her cheekbone as he did, at least he would be with her.

"Not true but I won't argue with you. Since we have stayed here all week I think it will be okay if we get two cheap rooms in the basement of a wizards pub. We can be in separate rooms, I can use advanced locking spells and silencing spells to keep us hidden." She explained calmly.

Remus had been worried all week, wondering how they would tackle the upcoming full moon, he voiced this concern to her the other day as they walked into town to get lunch but she said she wasn't worried, her mind was on food. Y/n was always thinking in the moment, something Remus continuously admired about her. Maybe that's what developed her problem-solving skills to what they are now, maybe she works best under pressure.

Y/n slid off the hood of the car after squinting into the sun trying to determine what time of day it was. She grabbed the car keys and started the car, startling Remus who was still sat on the hood, he turned around, sliding onto his knees and looking at her through the windshield.

"Planning to run me over instead of having to deal with the Full Moon?" He yelled so she would hear him.

"No, but I was thinking that I could drive us there." She smiled mischievously up at him, she honked the horn but he saw it coming so he didn't flinch, just playfully glared at her. She stared up at him as sweetly as she could until he admitted defeat and made his way into the passenger seat.

"Okay, you know how the car works yes?" He asked patiently, sitting on the bench type car seat directly beside her.

"Yes, I've been taking notes."

"Then go ahead, follow the gravel road we took to get in here and you should be good."

She was slow, scared of what it felt like to be in control of such a large object. When she reached the end of the gravel path she put her turn signal on and checked to see if the coast was clear. Remus just nodded at her approvingly.