chapter ten

•) Tuesday Morning

Taehyung didn't know what to say the next morning. He hadn't spoken after their conversation about love came to an end. So much ran through his head now, his best friend and how he'd betrayed him and now Yoongi had gushed about feelings and relationships right to Taehyung without hesitation. Taehyung was unsure what to do with all the information he'd been given. All he could muster when he saw Yoongi the next day was a meagre, "good morning," with his eyes on his feet.

"Morning, how'd you sleep?" Yoongi asked, passing him where he sat on the stool at the counter. Taehyung had already boiled the kettle for him, Yoongi smiled in thanks and poured himself a coffee.
'That's right...' Taehyung had slept at Yoongi's house, in his bed specifically. The guy who'd seen him fully naked once and mostly naked a few times more. The guy who he'd met around two weeks ago and the same guy who he'd somehow developed a major crush on in such a short period of time. From what he'd managed to translate from last nights chat, Yoongi had some sort of feelings for him, or maybe he was just hoping that was the case. Whatever it was though, it had been a heart-stopper to hear it nonetheless.

"Let's just say- I can understand why you like sleeping so much. Your bed's really soft." Taehyung said from behind his mug. Yoongi huffed and rested himself against the sink, sipping quietly and watching Taehyung over the rim.

"Funny you say that when you spent most of the night on the couch with me." Yoongi wanted to say, just to see and hear his reaction, but he figured it was too early to tease, and Taehyung was already highly uncomfortable.

"Thank you for letting me stay over hyung, it was very kind of you."

"Don't mention it."

Yoongi could tell something in the way Taehyung behaved. While still awkward and unsure, it seemed Yoongi hadn't been clear enough with his intentions last night. And if he had, he at least thought Taehyung would be acting a little stranger. He smiled down at his coffee, oh well. Maybe he'd try again later if it hadn't clicked. He gathered he'd have plenty of time to, Taehyung didn't look to be in any rush to disappear from his life and they didn't have to take things quickly. "It came to me a while ago, but I forgot to ask. You don't go to University do you?"

"Oh, no. I'm doing an online course though. University life didn't really appeal to me." Taehyung told him, putting his cup down and folding his arms over the counter. Yoongi nodded.

"Fair enough, it's not everyone's jam. Do you have a job at least?"

"No, my parents sort of... handle money for me..." Taehyung became bashful and Yoongi's brow lifted. "But I'm looking - just not very well..."

"Mommy and daddy's boy, huh?" Taehyung looked away, his fingers curled into his palm, pressed against his cheek. The sun filtered through the window, blanketing him in light. Yoongi observed silently from afar.

"I sell a bit art every so often though, I have a page online. So I'm not completely reliant on them." That caught Yoongi's interest.

"I just realised, all this time you've been watching me paint and whatever but I actually haven't really seen any of your work." Yoongi said, lifting himself away from the counter and stepping over. Taehyung's eyes flitted to him, his cheeks were pink. He sat up straight.

"Well- I mean, I'm not as good as you. It's nothing amazing."

"Nonsense, I wanna see you paint something."

"Hyung..."

"Come on, to the studio. It's only fair."

"I don't know what I should paint." Taehyung sighed as his hand dropped back to his lap. He sat before a blank canvas, much like the one he'd left at the art room. Yoongi stood behind him with his arms crossed and a patient look on his face. He laughed quietly.