chapter nine point two

•) Monday Night

"Do you still love him?"

"Who?" Yoongi asked, rubbing the towel into his wet hair. He couldn't see the drawing from where he stood, but he knew Taehyung had found something he didn't particularly like. His eyes scrawled across the page of his sketchbook, his body was slumped. He was upset, Yoongi soon realised it was one of the last pictures he'd done. There was something cruelly endearing about the way Taehyung hurt over another mans face in a book otherwise full of his own.

"Jimin." He said and Yoongi thought on it for a moment. He moved closer and gently took the corner of the book, pulling it out of his hands and examining it. He walked around the room, seeing the way that Taehyung's face saddened the longer he pretended to consider it. It was unfair to toy with him, but so very cute all the same.

"I don't think I don't love him." Yoongi said, gazing down at the picture and Jimin's smile. Taehyung's eyes may have well have swelled up with tears. "It was brief, but love like that never truly goes away. It may have been more than two years ago but that stuff sticks and is hard to get off. At least that's the case for me, I don't know what he thinks on it."

"Do you... wish things were different?" There was pain in his voice. Yoongi even hurt a little at the sound of it.

"...Sometimes. But what happened, happened. I love him for ever having loved me, I don't think it's anything more now." Yoongi tried to explain as best he could so Taehyung would understand. But he seemed too caught up in the fact that Yoongi had just told him that he loved his best friend - and not him - to even register anything he was saying. "Taehyung, I had hardly thought of Jimin until you mentioned him that time. Then when he was there at the café, it seemed unreal. After so long of not seeing him and then suddenly he was there."

Taehyung didn't look anymore, Yoongi didn't even know if he was listening or not. "I've had more than two years to move on, honestly, I was over it within the first. Now it's just love lingering in memories."

Yoongi shut the book, eyes turned to Taehyung. "So to answer your question, yes - I do still love him, but it's love for what happened, for how he changed me. Besides-,"

Yoongi was now beside the couch. Taehyung saw him there and he looked up, then a hand slipped under his bangs and pushed his hair back, a soft padded thumb rubbed his forehead. "If things hadn't ended, I probably would've never have met you this way. You probably wouldn't even be sitting here. And I guess... I think I hate the idea of that more than I hate the idea of Jimin and I ending things."

Taehyung took a moment to have that all make sense in his brain, but when it did, Yoongi was the first to know. He saw it in his eyes. He looked about ready to cry, but he didn't. He never did say anything after that, and Yoongi was okay with that. He offered to let him stay the night having it be so late, so Taehyung balled himself up in Yoongi's blankets while the boy himself slept out on the couch. He couldn't comprehend everything he'd heard. His heart was about to pop.

(•

Taehyung lay awake most of the night, Yoongi did as well in the other room. And when Yoongi got up the next morning he found Taehyung curled upright at the end of the couch by his feet. Dozing away with a bit of drool on his lips. The confusion dissipated, here he was thinking Taehyung would be the first to say anything regarding feelings and yet Yoongi had confessed to Taehyung. He wondered if he had understood it all.

It was only early, so Yoongi let his head rest back down on the pillow. Pulling his legs closer to himself to allow more room for Taehyung to sleep comfortably. Within the next hour they would wake.

word count } 700