chapter two

•) Thursday

It was the next morning and everything, as far as Taehyung was concerned, had returned to normal. He met Jimin for brunch at a café only a block down from the art studio. Tapping his finger idly away on the top of the table as he sipped his tea and waited for Jimin to arrive. He'd slept well last night, the exhaustion of yesterday's stress having weighed heavier down on him than he'd initially thought. It was still all a blur, had he really posed nude in front of an audience? Jimin's condescending voice would be the one to tell him that.

Only a moment after thinking of him did he finally appear. Sliding his arms over Taehyung's shoulders and holding him loosely. One hand bent down to pinch his shirt and coat. Taehyung looked aside as Jimin whispered in his ear. "What's with all the clothes? Don't I get to see as well?"

"I ordered for you already, your favourite." Jimin slipped away immediately and a second later he was sitting across from Taehyung. He sipped his drink and smiled.

"I love you." Jimin announced and Taehyung rolled his eyes as he adjusted himself in his chair. Jimin laughed and set his cup down, entwining his fingers to rest his chin upon. "So, how'd it go?"

"It was a nightmare, Jimin." Taehyung told him sternly, then he exhaled and settled in his seat. "But... I will say that I'm sort of glad I did it." Jimin's brows went high in shock, he almost choked on his coffee. Taehyung watched him expressionlessly and continued. "It didn't come to me as I was posing, but afterwards I... felt pretty good about myself."

Jimin grinned so big Taehyung's face scrunched up in discomfort. His hand slapped the table bringing Taehyung to flinch. "As you should! You're perfect Tae, literally perfect. You have everything to be confident about." Taehyung was sort of hot in the face. He wasn't sure what to say so he didn't say anything. Jimin carried on and away. "I was hoping it would make you feel better about yourself. You're always covering up, in summer you still pile the layers on just so you don't have to worry when you have nothing to be worried about."

"Okay, okay. I see your point now keep your voice down." Taehyung waved his hand after Jimin had progressively gotten louder and louder the longer he spoke. Taehyung knew that wasn't the only reason, but he did appreciate that Jimin cared about him so much. He averted the topic of conversation to the next thing to come to mind. "How'd you go with the guy from the weekend?"

Jimin's face darkened to a sly smile. Taehyung shouldn't have said anything, he knew this. "Would you like details?"

"No."

"He was really good, shy and a little inexperienced but man... the way he used his hands was-"

"No." Taehyung reaffirmed and Jimin shut his mouth, pleased with himself as he reminisced about two days prior. Taehyung was disgusted just looking at him, he could practically see what had happened through his eyes. He cleared his throat and looked out the window.

There was quiet between them for a while. Murmuring topped with the gentle sounds of the café bustle behind them. Jimin was humming to the radio and Taehyung listened. Listened and remembered as well, the boy from after the session who called him beautiful and watched him with a calculative gaze. His palm pressed into his lips as he remembered being told that he was enjoyable to draw. He didn't think he'd tell Jimin about it, at least not now. He knew it would only result in causing an unnecessary scene and Taehyung didn't feel up to dealing with that this morning.

Jimin's voice came to and Taehyung followed along with his eyes trained on the street life bustling by the café. "Do you... think you'll do it again?"

"Modelling?" Taehyung looked, his expression only a little quizzical. Jimin nodded, coffee cup covering the bottom half of his face. It surprised Taehyung how he'd actually stopped to think about it, and not kick up a fuss like he'd thought he would. He considered it and that confused him, but as much as he'd gathered now, he didn't feel so poorly about it anymore. Jimin seemed intrigued as well to find him pondering on it.