chapter five

•) Tuesday Midday

Taehyung looked around him, eyes big and lips curled around the straw of his drink as he waited beside Namjoon. Jimin leant against the counter with his palms and stared up at the menu board above him, he'd been like that for the last minute or so. Namjoon's face pinched and he waved his drink around while he whined. "Would you hurry up? You've been thinking on it for ages."

"What's it matter? No ones behind me." Jimin bit back before smiling to the poor lady waiting to take his order and returning his interest to the wall. Taehyung wasn't really paying attention, Jimin did this every time, at some point he'd ask Taehyung what he should order. Like magic, he turned to him.

"Tae, what should I get? I can't decide." Jimin was talking like a pouty baby and Namjoon couldn't supress the loud sigh that escaped his chest. After adjusting his glasses on his nose he pulled out his phone to occupy himself. Perhaps even to pretend he didn't know Jimin and his frustrating habits. Taehyung stepped forward.

"Mine's good, just get what I got." He told him, holding his cup out. Jimin clamped his lips over it and sipped, eyes sparkling momentarily. He whipped back around to the barista.

"I'll have what he has please," and with that Taehyung slid away back to Namjoon's side.

The mall was a 'nice busy' today. Not too much but not too little that they felt like they stood out. It was around midday and they'd only just arrived around ten minutes earlier. Namjoon had been the one to organise it, he had his heart set on buying something he didn't need and cost too much. So Taehyung and Jimin tagged along because they wanted to make sure that whatever it was that he wasted his money on, he'd at least not look embarrassing to be around.

Jimin clung to Taehyung's arm as they walked. Every now and then they'd stop to peer in through a stores window. Jimin was the only one to buy something every time they visited a new shop, unable to help himself. Namjoon kept his wallet shut for the most part and Taehyung was still hardly paying attention. Finally, Namjoon found the item he decided he wanted to spend all his money on and Jimin and Taehyung simply stared at it and said nothing. "It's cool, right?"

"Sure. You can wear it in your casket when your old and dead." Jimin was blank faced. Namjoon's mouth turned down sadly and Taehyung reached out to hold its side. He thought for a moment.

"I think it suits you Namjoon-hyung. You should try it on." He told him warmly and the light returned to Namjoon's eyes. With a nod he pivoted around to the dressing rooms and disappeared with the coat in hand. Jimin looked at Taehyung in disbelief, in return he received a simple shrug. "He makes everything look good."

For a moment it was quiet while they waited.
"I forgot to mention, that boy I slept with on the weekend contacted me on Instagram. He wants to catch up again." Jimin told him as he strolled by a rack of clothes and filtered lazily through them. Taehyung was listening, but his eyes were fixed on a simple yet attractive leather band hung from the accessory display. His fingers brushed it lightly.

"Like on a date, you mean?"

"Yeah - or to fuck, it's whatever..." Jimin said, Taehyung hadn't really heard him. He checked the price tag and disregarded it immediately. He then hooked his finger round it and pulled it off, handing it to the man at the counter and extracting his wallet. It would be his first purchase, and he wasn't even sure why he was so drawn to it. Jimin continued to talk away even after Taehyung was practically out of ears reach. "Do you think I should meet him?"

"Thank you." Taehyung told the man with a smile and stuffed his wallet back into his pocket. Taking the bag that carried his new band into his grasp he returned to Jimin and the dressing room. "You should do whatever you want."