The Great Houdinis

~Time skip: 1 week~

Yeonjun sat by Rin's side as they waited for the right time. Yeonjun rested his cheek on his thigh then earned himself a gentle pat. Not much had happened between the day the came up with the plan and today. They did the same things they usually did. Train, work, eat, sleep.

"Rin..." Yeonjun called out.

"Listening." Rin replied.

"Why did you kiss me back...?" he asked, finally voicing his thoughts.

"I haven't had any stimulation in a while. A simple accident." lied Rin as he started to massage Yeonjun's scalp.

"I see..." muttered Yeonjun. "Will we ever see each other after this?"

"Hard to say. Though, it would be best if we didn't. More for your sake than mine." Said Rin as he looked at Yeonjun.

"What do you mean 'my sake'?" Yeonjun asked, sitting up.

"You're attached to the wrong person. You're giving affection to the wrong person." Rin said quietly. "Give it to someone who genuinely cares, like Soobin."

"But I want you." Yeonjun said as he rose from his seated position. "Just you..."

Yeonjun placed a peck on his lips and cupped his face. He never felt this strongly about someone since his ex. He wasn't going to let go, even if it turned out to be toxic for him. Rin placed his hands over his then exhaled. It was clear that Yeonjun wanted something out of it. He himself wanted to see what would happen, but they had to face reality. There was a good chance he and Kang wouldn't slip under the radar.

"Yeonjun-" Rin started but was cut off by his sudden kiss.

He quietly gave in then sat Yeonjun onto his lap. He knew he was making it harder for the both of them, but a piece of him just didn't want to let go. Rin felt him pull away then watched as he started to lift his shirt.

"No." said Rin as he pulled his shirt down. "Not here. It's almost time anyway."

"Sorry..." apologized Yeonjun as he hugged Rin tight. "Please be safe... I want to see you again."

"Don't count on it." Rin responded as another minute passed. "I'll miss you..."

"Don't say that..." Yeonjun mumbled as he cuddled close to Rin. "Just meet me again, Rin."

"Get off. We need to go." Rin said, gently pushing Yeonjun off his lap.

Yeonjun frowned as he let him put him in his restraints. Rin stayed by his side a bit longer before leaving.

˚。⋆ ⋆。˚ ˚。⋆ ⋆。˚

"Take them straight to the police station. Stick to the story. Now go." said Kang before heading back inside.

Yeonjun watched as the car took off. Soobin looked at Yeonjun with worry. Why did he look so sad?

"Jun... rehearse with me." Soobin said softly.

"Yeah." mumbled Yeonjun.

Sooyeon looked at them in the mirror with a sad smile. She had no idea what happened to the both of them, but she was grateful to learn they were okay. Everyone had been worried and had been looking for them everywhere. The last thing she expected was them being kidnapped by a cult.

Yeonjun could see the precinct coming into sight. He could only hope that Rin and Kang were successful in erasing their information wherever it resided.

˚。⋆ ⋆。˚ ˚。⋆ ⋆。˚

Soobin rubbed Yeonjun's back as they sat in the station. Family and friends surrounded them pressing for details while others told those asking for details to relax as they had just escaped from something awful.

"They're going to be okay, Jun." Soobin whispered.

Yeonjun took out the seashell Rin had given him and felt tears prick his eyes. He knew he shouldn't have, but he couldn't stop himself. The people around them quieted down at the sound of Yeonjun's sobs. He hopelessly fell for his captor, the bad guy. It hurt more to know it wasn't exactly one sided. Everyone assumed he was crying due to pent up stress and finally being able to breathe. No one knew how much pain his heart was in.

A few hours passed and they were told they had started to round up members they found in the database and whatever they had filed away. Yeonjun bit down on his bottom lip hard enough to draw blood. He wanted to come out and tell them about how Kang and Rin saved them. If he did that then it'd make their action to be in vain.

Soobin thanked the officers for the both of them before leading Yeonjun out. They saw their parents waiting for them with open arms.

"We're so glad you're both safe... I could hardly function without knowing what happened to you both." Soobin's father said teary eyed.

"We only survived because of Jun... He's easily irritated, but he thinks on his feet and isn't afraid of a little bloodshed to get what he wants." Soobin said with a smile.

Yeonjun's parents walked him to the car and decided to wait until he was ready to speak. Yeonjun's mother looked back at their son who looked lifeless. The ordeal must've really taken its toll on him. Soobin watched their car take off and wondered if Yeonjun would be okay.

˚。⋆ ⋆。˚ ˚。⋆ ⋆。˚

"Yeonjun, breakfast is ready..." his mother said from the doorway.

Yeonjun remained silent as he sat up and got out of bed. Something was clearly wrong with her son, but she felt that she wouldn't understand even if she asked.

"Do you want to see a therapist...?" his mother asked as they descended the stairs.

"No." Yeonjun replied.

"Do you want to finish this school year or try again next school year?" she asked as she brought out rice and chopsticks.

"I'm going to finish. Then I'll take time off before job hunting..." responded Yeonjun flatly.

His mother nodded as she looked at him with worry. Soobin would probably know what happened to her son. Little did she know Soobin was just as clueless.

˚。⋆ ⋆。˚ ˚。⋆ ⋆。˚

Yeonjun's mother let Soobin in and explained the situation to him. Soobin sighed then told her he didn't really know anything because he truly didn't. Yeonjun continued to play with the shell, unphased by Soobin's entrance.

"You like that seashell huh?" Soobin asked. Yeonjun nodded. "Does it hold meaning to you?" Yeonjun nodded. "Am I allowed to know?"

Yeonjun shook his head then placed the seashell back in its designated spot. He didn't know how Soobin was able to forget everything so quickly. Maybe because he had no attachments like he did. They didn't hear anything from Rin and Kang, but that could also be a bad thing. He couldn't sit still anymore.

"Where are you going?" Soobin asked worriedly.

"To fucking hell if I don't pray." spat Yeonjun before closing the door behind him harshly.