Helping Hand

Kang rolled his eyes as Rin did the weekly checkup on Soobin. He didn't know what occurred between him and the head, but he wasn't thrilled about having to share Soobin. Though, he couldn't deny Soobin behaved when Rin was around.

"So, the head's taking over your duties with Yeonjun huh?" said Kang casually.

"Yep. I have a lot more free time because of it. I plan to go on a weekend getaway soon." Rin said.

"Head Hoon hardly shows interest in captives. What's so special about Yeonjun?" Kang asked in confusion.

"I don't know. He suddenly showed up, took him then relayed a message I was relieved of my duties regarding him. Ask Head Hoon yourself." said Rin in annoyance.

"Is he okay? Are they hurting him?" Soobin asked as Rin started to leave.

"He's getting VIP treatment. You decipher what that means." replied Rin before leaving.

Kang whistled then looked at Soobin.

"Sounds like our boss has taken a liking to your not boyfriend. Looks like you'll never see him again." teased Kang before taking his seat. "While you're stuck here, working your ass off to survive, he's up there livin' it up."

"Shut up! You don't know anything. I'm positive he hates it up there. I know he does!" shouted Soobin.

Rin entered then took his seat beside Kang.

"Whether he hates it or not, he's stuck there until our boss says otherwise. Seeing as how he asked for help, the chances of Yeonjun being let go are close to none." said Rin. "You're better off focusing on surviving."

A knock was heard along with the opening of the door. A few underlings walked in along with Head Hoon. Soobin watched as he was just as tall as him.

"I assume you're Soobin." Head Hoon said while looking his way. "Yeonjun requested that you get the same treatment he does."

Rin and Kang looked on in surprise as Soobin was released from his restraints and being carried out of the room.

"Ah yes, you're relieved of your duties as well, Kang. Go help others with their captives." said Head Hoon before leaving.

They sat in silence as they processed what had just happened.

"You know, I was excited to hear I was finally getting my own captive to train and work to the core instead of sharing. And now? Now I'm reduced to a helper." said Kang as reality settled in.

"Think of it this way, we're practically free right now. We can disappear for an entire week and no one would notice." said Rin happily.

"Yeah but... we finally had someone to train. Didn't it feel good? Teaching them about Lovers? Threatening them with punishments if they weren't doing something right?" said Kang who then deflated.

"Well, what's done is done. Head Hoon's orders are absolute." Rin responded as he gathered his things.

"Can we visit them just once before blowing this joint?" Kang pleaded.

"Fine, but after that I'm gone." said Rin, annoyed.

˚。⋆ ⋆。˚ ˚。⋆ ⋆。˚

The underling granted them entrance and opened the door. Kang stepped in first followed by Rin. The duo looked behind them and Yeonjun was the one to leave his spot and run over to Rin with shining eyes.

"Are we leaving? Are you watching over us again?" Yeonjun asked, hoping they'd say yes.

"Is it that bad staying with Head Hoon than with us?" Kang asked slightly worried.

"He harasses us, mostly me. It usually happens when he thinks we're asleep..." muttered Yeonjun who then looked at Rin. "It's worse than what Kang did to Soobin..."

"They were jokes!" Kang exclaimed, clearly ticked off.

"Jokes my ass!" Soobin said in a raised voice.

"Look, we just came here to see you both once more before really parting with you. You were the first captives we've had to ourselves. So, see you." said Rin before turning to leave.

Yeonjun clung to his arm in desperation. He couldn't stand the Head Hoon guy. Being around him made him sick to the core. It was thanks to Soobin he was able to really pinpoint all the terrible things the head would do when he wasn't conscious. Kang looked between them as Rin had stopped and stared.

"Please... he's going to rape us in our sleep. I just know it..." said Yeonjun as he quietly sobbed.

Kang moved to pull Yeonjun off, but Rin had pulled him closer. Yeonjun held him tighter as he held back his tears. Everyone was surprised by the sudden actions. Rin quickly pushed him away then left.

"We'll see what we can do..." said Kang before leaving as well.

Yeonjun balled his hands into fists then wrapped his arms around himself. It was very brief, but a part of him felt like he could hear Rin's heart beat in sadness.

"I appreciate the effort, Jun... Maybe we should just be up front with him." said Soobin as he pulled Yeonjun into his arms.

"It's not going to work. I've told him countless times not to touch me and he still does. We're not safe here... I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have mentioned your name." weeped Yeonjun into Soobin's chest.

"It's fine. I'd feel more guilty if it only happened to you." whispered Soobin as he rubbed Yeonjun's back.

The door suddenly swung open and Rin had come in carrying a large bag. Kang had stepped in as well.

"Are you sure you want to do this? The boss may see this as rebelling." said Kang.

Yeonjun looked at Soobin who nodded. This was their ticket to freedom. Well, freedom from Head Hoon. Rin sighed as he wasn't sure what he was doing and why he roped Kang into it.

"They may be our prisoners, but there's a line between being mistreated and straight up abuse." said Rin flatly. "I admire Head Hoon, but his actions of recent have been disgusting."

Kang lifted the bag holding Yeonjun as Rin carried Soobin. The underling didn't think much of it and let them go.

"Where will we take them?" Kang asked as they hurried down the stairs.

"I'll take them until we can convince the boss to let us watch over them again. I can't have you get punished for my wrongdoings." said Rin as he placed Soobin in the back of Kang's car.

"Rin, I consider us close friends. I'm willing to go down with you." Kang said as he opened the bags so they could breathe.

"Really, you shouldn't. You love this place more than I do." Rin said as he got into the driver's seat.

Kang hopped in as well and buckled himself in. He was determined to help Rin no matter how much he protested. Rin sighed in defeat then pulled off.