"And?" He raises his brow up.

"And, I want us to share a bedroom. Together." as soon as those words come out, I avoid eye contact with him.

He holds my chin, turning my head. Our faces, dangerously close as we look at each other. "Your wish, will always be my command." He says  as he leans in for a kiss. We kiss and I can't help but think about the impending danger. I knew all too well that Rocky's involvement in our lives would end with either one of them seriously hurt and that fact made my heart hurt and my head ache.

The dinner was scheduled for seven pm and it was just 6 PM. I stand in front of my bedside mirror and I look at my reflection. I was all sweaty from the supervision of the food making and dining decor. I pack my hair into a messy bun and begin to undress. I head for the bathroom and quickly take a shower.

I come out and go back to the mirror. I was scared and anxious. What if Rocky told Luke everything during dinner? What if someone who actually knew Rocky showed up? My stomach was tied in knots.

After dressing up in a black knee length evening dress, I try to look for an accessory to complete my outfit when my eyes land on a small box. The ring Luke had given me months back. I open it, curious to see if the ring was still there. It was. I take it out and honestly, the ring was really exquisite. It fit my finger perfectly well. I wear it on my finger, looking at myself in the mirror. Luke enters. He pauses for a few seconds as he notices the ring on my finger. I smile as he watches me.

"It's beautiful. Thank you." I say, still caressing the ring.

"You don't have any idea of how much you drive me crazy." He says as he comes to stand behind me. He nuzzles my neck with his nose. He brings out a necklace and holds it up as I look through the mirror. He places it around my neck. It's a very thin gold necklace with two pearls hanging on it.

I touch the necklace "It's beautiful." I say. It's exactly what I needed. I turn around and hug him. "Thank you, Luke."

"I hope we stay like this forever and I hope that you forgive me if I do anything foolish." He says and I become still. What did he mean? Was he referring to Rocky? What could I possibly respond with?

"Yes." Is the only thing I can say.

*
The Graysons and everyone else had arrived. A car had just entered and was driving down to the house entrance. Luke holds my hand as we go to the door to welcome the next guest. Luke takes my hand into his arms and I couldn't be more grateful for the gesture.

"Caleb, welcome."Luke shakes his hand and Rocky smiles. "Thanks for having me." He turns to me and smiles, "Mrs Carrington, thanks for having me." He extends his hand for a handshake and I reluctantly take it.

I smile, "Welcome."
*

We are gathered round the table, Luke and his associates talking about how some of the Art galleries in the country are currently dealing with stolen paintings and stolen artifacts that didn't belong to them. I'd realized that Mrs Grayson who was sitting beside had been trying to engage in conversation with me, but I was too busy with my Rosé and my thoughts about Rocky.

"Mrs. Grayson?" I turn to face the middle aged woman. She smiles at me, a smile that reminded me of how fake my mother was. She tries to take my hand, but she spills her champagne on me.

"Oh dear." She says, "I'm so sorry. I can't believe I'm so clumsy."

"No, it's fine, I'll go clean up. Please."

I make my way to my room, and head for the bathroom grateful to have gotten a chance to leave. I had never felt more uncomfortable before. I refused to even take a glance at Rocky. The tap runs and take some toilet paper and wet it. I use it to wipe my dress. No doubt I loved my husband but Rocky's presence in my life could seriously throw me off— he was the first man in my life and deep down, I knew all too well I still had feelings for him.

I leave the bathroom and enter my room when I gasp in shock.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask, panicking. I rush to the door, my hand over my mouth as I lock the door. He is sitting on the couch, his legs crossed.

"Aren't you happy to see me, Natty?" He asks, while I stand there, horrified, trembling at the thought of Luke walking in on us. He gets up and gets dangerously close to me. I stand still, my hands behind me, on the wall. He holds my waist and my body is resting on his. I close my eyes, "Please, I beg you. Leave me alone." I push him and move to my bed. He comes close again and cups my face in his hands, "You can't tell me you didn't miss me, didn't think of me. . ." He continues, "I apologize for coming so late my love, but I'm here now. Let's leave now." He raises my chin up and we share an eye lock. My eyes are watery. He leans in for a kiss and I do not resist— instead, I kiss back.