~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I had decided to wait until it was nearing nightfall. I didn't want to disrupt Akatsuki's sleeping schedule just because I was impatient. However, because of that understanding part of me, it hindered things. I wanted to dress my best, so naturally my father questioned why I was dressing so nicely.

"I had no other clothes." I told him simply as I looked down at the short sleeved, blue shirt, and white pants. I had some sandals on, and my hair was pulled back by a headband. I had a black, short, jacket on, and the pearl necklace with a rose pendant was around my neck.

"Honestly, Father, we saw how low the kitchen was getting, and we just wanted to go to town to stock up."

"Well, it's not like I couldn't do it." Ruri offered with a smile. Father glanced at her, and then at us with a hard expression.

"She's right." My father said simply.

I could feel a stone settling in my stomach. Was all this planning just for nothing? Would I never be able to see him?

"We won't be long. I promise. It's nothing suspicious, Father." Once again, I was thankful for Mikami's attitude. I was honestly happy he was willing to stick up for me. I glanced at him with a smile. I could feel Father's eyes on us, but then he just sighed.

"Just don't take long."

"Thank you, Father." We both said at the same time, bowing as Mikami took the car keys, and then we both ran out of the house. I could feel my excitement once again soar. I was going to see Akatsuki. I was going to see Akatsuki. That mantra repeated over and over in my head, and I couldn't stop the smile that refused to die down from my lips.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"I hope you know how uncomfortable this makes me." Mikami said as we stopped in town. He glanced at me, but my eyes were jumping around, trying to spot the familiar figure of Akatsuki. My brother sighed, and I looked back at him.

"I've given this alot of thought, Mikami. I know it's stupid, but...I just can't help myself. I want to be near him." Mikami stared at me. His green eyes searched my blue eyes. What he was trying to find, I wasn't sure. After a moment, he just sighed heavily, and shook his head. A small smile creep onto his face.

"It's real, isn't it?" He said simply, glancing at me. I blushed, and laughed nervously, rubbing the back of my head.

"I don't want to call it that just yet. We've barely spoken to one another." I said simply, looked down at my palms that were nervously kneading into the other's skin.

"I remember back in my third year of high school, I felt it. She was beautiful. She had this long, black hair that always seemed so nice to touch, and she had these big, beautiful chocolate eyes. Her skin was always so pale, and flawless, and wherever she went, she had this...Authoritative air about her. It was like, she knew she could own the world if she could, but she never really acted pompous." I looked at my brother, eyebrows furrowed as I listened to him continuing to speak."Oh, and her voice. It was like the chimes of bells. The sweetest thing I ever heard." At the point, his eyes got a far away look, and he got a wistful smile on his face."She was always surrounded by guys that wanted her, but she never seemed to notice any of them. She was smart, and beautiful, and kind. I remember wanting so much to talk to her, to befriend her, but I didn't. I reserved from doing so."

"Why? That's not very much like you." I joked, laughing. My brother merely sighed as he seemed to come back to the present. He looked at me with a serious expression.

"She was a vampire. She was the daughter of a diplomat, and an actress turned singer. She, herself, was a child actor, and was wanting to go to a regular school to learn so she could become a doctor. Everyone was enthralled with her, myself included, but I distanced myself from her. She tried to talk to me a few times, and I spoke back, but I kept that wall up because I knew the danger. We are their natural enemies, and vice versa. But still, I wonder sometimes where I would be if I had pursued her. But still...I know the danger of this thinking. I know what can happen because it's happened in the past. When hunters crossed the line, and got into a relationship with a vampire, it never turned out well. That's why I'm worried about this...Thing you have with that vampire, but at the same time, if it's something you want to pursue, I want to encourage you because I want to see you happy. Even if this thing ends badly, I just want you to be happy in the meantime. I just want you to be careful. Ok?" I couldn't find my voice. I felt too emotions at once, but after a few minutes, I smiled softly, and hugged him tightly.