Night Nineteen

Depuis le début

"How pretty." Yuki cooed, looking over my shoulders. I looked at her, and then at the case.

"Thank you." I said simply. He nodded slightly.

"Well, I'll be off." He adopted his usual bravado, and then quickly ran off. Zero looked at me with a curious expression.

"Aren't you gonna open it?" Yuki asked with a smile. I looked at her, and then smiled slightly.

"Later. Right now, I'm just gonna put it back in my room." I looked at Zero, who just nodded at me, looking off.

"Do you want us to go with you? In case any of the Night students-"

"No. I can handle it myself. Thanks." I walked off toward my room, fingers gently touching the black, velvety cover.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I had dropped off my "present" from Aidou in my room. I hesitated for another five minutes, deciding between weather or not I should open it, but decided not to open it after a few moments.

I walked down to the Headmaster's office with a somewhat heavy heart. My own steps seemed to slow, and my muscles seemed hesitant to even move in the direction, but I had made up my mind, and I knew the longer I had put it off, the weaker my resolve would become. So, like a band aid to a wound, I just had to rip it off.

I approached the familiar door, looking at it a second longer, I knocked tentatively on it, my heart jumping in my chest as the sound seemed louder than what it really was.

"Yes~~? Come in~~~" I hesitated a moment longer before taking a deep breath, and opening the door a bit shyly. Headmaster looked up at me immediately,smiling in a warm way."Oh? Sakika? What a pleasant surprise~! Did you-

"I don't mean to be rude by interrupting you, but I...I came here on not so pleasant matters." I spoke fast, stepping inside his office, and shutting the door behind me. His face fell into a more serious expression, and he nodded slightly. I took a seat across from him, gripping my knees tightly.

"What is the problem, Sakika?" He asked softly, leaning forward. I looked at him, and then looked down at my hands that still gripped my knees. I closed my eyes, tilting my head away slightly as I spoke.

"Thank you for allowing me to come to this Academy, and for putting me on the Disciplinary Committee. I understand the job was a huge risk, and I truly appreciate what you're trying to do here. In fact, a legendary Hunter like yourself, achieving for something like this is truly, truly-"

"Sakika, what is going on?" I gasped slightly, looking at him."Something's been troubling you. I over heard Zero muttering about it in the bathroom last night. Can I ask what's going on?" I felt my throat seize up, and then I sighed. Just like a band aid. Get to the point.

"I...I need to go home." I whispered, my hands tightening on my knees." I hope you know, I don't normally break commitments." I looked up, my voice finding itself again." I just...I need to go home." Head master tilted his head, his eyes hardening slightly.

"If this is because of the attack, I assure you, Lord Kuran has taken care of it. The errant student has been reprimanded, and suspended for the time being. You do not need to leave because of the act of one, disobedient student." I shook my head, biting at my lips.

"No. It's not because of the attack. I just need to go back home. What my father wanted me to do is over. I've become stronger, and I have you to thank for that." Headmaster studied me for a few moments longer, and then nodded.

"Alright. I just ask that you at least stay until the Winter Ball. After that is break time, and then...You don't have to come back." I smiled, nodding slightly.