Chapter 16 Francis' Gain Clarence's Pain

Chapter 16

[Francis' POV]

After ng practice game namin sa basketball nagmamadali naman akong magpunta kina Clarence para sa tutorial lesson ko. Along the way Arkee suddenly cut me off my way.

"Dude! Can you give me a moment?" Tanong nito, wearing a serious face.

"Not now dude, I'm in a hurry. Maybe some other time." I responded. I was about to walk away from him when he suddenly grabbed my right arm.

" What is it this time Arkee? I responded with a tone of annoyance.

"Dude I'm just concerned for you. It seemed you're not aware of it or it hasn't reached you yet but there's a rumor circulating around that you're going out with Clarence." He explained.

I was flabbergasted. I didn't see this one coming. I was caught unprepared. I tried to compose myself.

"Hindi naman siguro totoo yon no dude? He added.

"What the hell you're talking? Of course not. Why would I even go out with that fag? I tried to sound convincing.

"Yes, That's what I also thought, but it's still good that you have a heads up of what's going on around you. Mahirap na dude, you wouldn't want to be typecasted by others right? That could ruin everthing." He added.

"That's fucking bullshit! I don't give a damn to what people say. I know myself better than those friggin dipshits" I exclaimed.

" Oh dude chill, easy ka lang! You don't have to be pissed off if it ain't true right? He blurted.

I just shot him a cold glance. Just to evade this confrontation I pulled myself together and got my act going. "I'd better be going!" I asserted, striding away from him.

Instead of going to Clarence' house I went straight home. Mom was watching T.V. in the living room when I saw her.

"Are you ok hon? She inquired.

"Yes mom, I'm just exhausted. It was really a tiring day." I retorted.

"Would you want me to fix you something to eat? She offered.

"Hindi pa ako gutom, mamaya na lang po. Maybe I'll just stay in my room." I uttered.

"Ok hon, You should really have some rest." She replied.

I went straight to my room, threw my backbag on the floor and lied on my bed. I was just staring at the ceiling and trying to absorb everything Arkee had just told me. This is shit! This is damn freaking shit! Why did things have to be complicated? We're not doing anything wrong. Kailan ba naging mali yung pakikipag kaibigan ko sa kagaya ni Clarence. Putek talaga!

On the other side, may punto si Arkee. Could I risk everything? Could I put my reputation on the line? I was trying to ascertain the gravity of the damage this whole thing could bring and it's not worth taking the risk. I could lose everything. Sabagay sa simula pa lang ang agenda ko talaga ay matulungan nya ko sa problema ko sa Math no more no less. And since medyo nakabawi na ko, I guess I have to draw the line and do some damaged control before everything starts to worsen.

The following day, after ng class diretso agad ako sa practice game namin.  I started avoiding Clarence even the group and everytime they would invite me to go out, I would simply turn them down and would use my practice game as my alibis. I ceased going to Clarence' house for the tutorial lesson as well. I knew Clarence wanted to talk to me because he was trying to get the chance to approach me however I kept on evading him.

I was hanging out with Arkee and Ryan together with his group in the gym when I saw Clarence. He was wearing a smile when I saw him. Bigla tuloy akong kinabahan nung nakita ko sya. Papalapit naman ito sa amin ng marinig ko si Owens, "Hey guys, look at the faggot, he's coming towards us. This will be fun hehehe." Dagdag nito sabay tayo.