The green Shrrg felt a shot of fear go through him. This bear was massive, almost twice as big as him. He growled and shook his head, getting rid of his fear. He opened his wings and let loose an earth shattering roar at the bear. The roar echoed through the valley. The trees shook and the ground rumbled. The Urzhad took a step back in surprise. Nothing it had ever face before was capable of such a sound. Even the Shrrg looked amazed.

The scaled Shrrg shot towards the bear, striking at its legs. It growled and swung back but he was to fast. He whipped his tail along the Urzhad’s back legs, causing it to fall back to all fours.

The green Shrrg then flew into the air, and began assaulting the bear from above. It roared and growled with pain as anger as new wounds opened and blood pored down its back. It tried to swing its paw at the green menace but he was just two quick.

The bear roared one last time and the winged Shrrg fell upon its head, stabbing into it as deep as he could. The Urzhad growled in surprise then fell to the earth with a loud crash. The green Shrrg unsheathed his claws from the bear’s head. Red blood was dripping from his claws. More blood was covering the bear, its head was bleeding a river and the rest of its back didn’t look much good.

The green Shrrg looked into the sky and let loose another thunderous roar. He had defeated an enemy that the Shrrg had always feared. Never again would that be so. He new there weakness now, knew how to defeat them.  While they were still a threat they would be not such a big one now.

He looked at the wolves who were staring in seemingly disbelief. He sent them a picture of them eating the bear, and they didn’t hesitate. All of them, besides the Alpha, sprinted towards the bear and they dove in, feasting on their enemy.

The Alpha eventually joined in as well, but the green Shrrg didn’t. He sat back and let the wolves tear into the flesh. They deserved it for all they had gone through, and he wasn’t hungry.

The Alpha was eyeing the Urzhad killer. He hadn’t seen something like that before, and it scared him. If there was something more powerful then an Urzhad out there then he was scared, even if it was on his side.

The green Shrrg saw his leader staring at him. He knew the Alpha was scared of him, scared of his power to manipulate, and rightfully so. The green Shrrg would have felt the same if there positions had been swapped, but he also knew that he had no desire to take over. He just wanted to help the pack.

Once all the wolves had eaten there full they attempted to try and drag the carcass back to the den. It was way to heavy, even for the green Shrrg. In the end they decided to leave it behind for the few Shrrg packs around this territory.

The yelp of one of the wolves caught the green Shrrg’s attention. It was the one that had been injured by the bear. They hadn’t noticed before because she had been eager to dig into their meal, but now the pain was coming in. She was growling and yipping, the tried blood coating her fir. The green Shrrg new she wouldn’t make it back to the pack.

He sent an image to the other Shrrg of a picture of him carrying her. They agreed, accept the Alpha. He growled at the green Shrrg and started to walk away. The other wolves followed him reluctantly, including the injured one. He stopped her, growling nervously. She sent him reassuring images then followed the rest of the wolves, her wounded side bleeding again. The green Shrrg growled once they had disappeared. If she didn’t survive on the way to the den, he would kill the Alpha. He knew the Alpha was nervous of him, but he didn’t know that he had gone this far down that trail.

With a huge sigh he flew into the air and turned towards the den. The Shrrg were trotting, the injured one lagging behind. He debated flying down and picking her up, but he knew she would never forgive him for it. A pang of anger shot through him. He didn’t care if she survived or not. When he got back to the clearing he was going to challenge the Alpha to stop the cruel treatment of his own pack once and for all.

With new resolve he flew the two-and-a-half mile journey to the den and landed with a crash. The other wolves weren’t there yet, and it would probably take them another half an hour. During that time he would prepare. He knew he could beat the Alpha, he had just taken down an Urzhad, but he also knew the Alpha was smarter then the Urzhad, and quicker.

The cubs could sense his agitation and wisely avoided him. His eyes were scanning the forest, picking up all sorts of different colours and movements in the trees.  The scent of the other wolves came to him soon enough and he growled as he realised there was one scent missing. He got up, and was staring to where the Alpha and the others were. He was only two and a half months old, and he was already challenging the pack leader for the position as Alpha. It was almost amusing.

Eventually the pack got there and sure enough the injured Shrrg wasn’t there, nor did it seem like she was anywhere near. He stared directly at the Alpha Shrrg. He sensed the hostility of the other Shrrg’s glance and growled.

The green Shrrg caught what the other was thinking. He felt the Alpha beginning to get threatened. He knew that there was going to be a fight, it was unlikely that he was going to win.

The other Shrrg seemed to realise what was going on and they backed off. The Alpha growled at the green Shrrg in anger. He wasn’t expecting this battle take place so early, but it was perhaps better that it did. The green Shrrg was still growing and was showing no signs of stopping any time soon.

A silent message passed between them and the winged Shrrg opened his wings and flapped them, roaring at the Alpha. He sent the Alpha an image of him leaving the pack, never to return, or die here in this fight. The Alpha growled in response. The green Shrrg seemed to nod his head, then struck at the leader. The leader was expecting the move and leapt to the side, avoiding the strike.

It attack the green Shrrg from the side, and clawed at its scales, but they held. The green Shrrg whipped around his tail, hitting the Alpha in the side. The Alpha was hit to the side, landing on his side, but he was instantly up. There was no real damage done, except for the Alpha being winded.

He attacked the green Shrrg again, striking at his snout. The green Shrrg backed up, dodging the stroke. He then leapt at the wolf, but he dodged once more. Unfortunately for the Alpha the green Shrrg had seen this about to happen. He swung his back leg at the Alpha, hitting him in the side and tarring a large gash in his leg. He fell to the side growling helplessly.

The green Shrrg turned to the Alpha and lifted his paw, about to end the wolf’s misery. The Alpha looked the Shrrg in the eye and another silent message passed between them. The green Shrrg put his paw back on the ground and took a step back. The Alpha got up, staring at the green Wolf, then turned and limped away into the forest.

The other Shrrg were looking at this exchange in surprise. The green Shrrg looked back at them, and let out a toothy grin, sending out his happiness to them. The wolves barked excitedly, and then, led by another male, howled into the wind, welcoming the new Alpha with happy hearts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, new chapter. I hope you enjoyed, vote and comment if you did. The next chapter should be up soon. See Ya!

Pennator^^