Chapter 29: Alpha of the Beors

Sharrag launched himself towards the wolf, striking forward with deadly claws. It was more of a test attack really. More to see how fast and strong this wolf was. Surprisingly the Alpha wolf leapt back at him, powering forwards with the unnatural strength. They clashed in mid air, both stunned by the force of the opponent's attack.

The green dragon backed away slightly and shook his head. He wasn't injured in any way, just a bit winded. Still, he was surprised at the force the Shrrg could apply. He may have the strength to match a dragon. Sharrag snorted and decided to try a different way of approach. He opened is maw and unleashed a torrent of green fire towards the Shrrg. The alpha dodged out of the way, avoiding the dangerous torrent of green fire. Sharrag frowned. Maybe he didn't have wards? He immediately dismissed the thought, the Shrrg was probably just trying to save his strength rather then waste it on defending against flames.

Sharrag swung his tail at the wolf, who jumped out of the way again. Sharrag quickly struck forward with his claws, yet the Shrrg avoided him again and again. The dragon roared in annoyance. This alpha wolf was to fast. He snarled in pain as the Shrrg crashed against his side, causing him to stumble slightly. Claws racked across his scales, tearing a few of them away leaving a bloody gash.

Both of them then retreated from each other and began stalking each other in a circle. Sharrag was favouring his left side where the wolf had managed to hit him. The wound hurt, but not an extreme amount. He was more worried by the lack of scales in that area, it left him open to attack without any defence.

They circled each other, snarling and threatening. Suddenly something slammed itself in Sharrag's mind. He growled in surprise and stopped, shaking his head, then the Shrrg slammed into his side, knocking the dragon over. In a second Sharrag was back on his feet and attacked back with his own mind, swinging his tail towards the Shrrg. He smiled as he finally managed to hit his opponent, knocking him to the side.

The wolf quickly scampered to his feet, snarling. The tail wack didn't hurt much, but he had been winded and he thought that one of his ribs might be cracked. The two foes inched around each other again, weary of the other. Both of them knew that this was not going to be an easy fight to win.

With a roar Sharrag suddenly charged at the Shrrg. He frowned at the dragon's motives but easily ducked out of the way. He then turned and leapt at the dragon, only to be smashed aside by the dragon's wing. He landed on all fours but was quickly on the move again to avoid the green dragon fire Sharrag sent his way. Leaping over Sharrag's tail he attack again, aiming towards the dragon's leg. Sharrag roared with pain and snarled as a few more scales were ripped of his hind leg. He battered the wolf away with his tail before turning on him and striking with his claws. Once again the Shrrg avoided and once again they were circling each other.

'I can't keep up like this,' he thought, 'He'll just continue to give me minor injuries until I can't move on any more."

He snorted as his mind was taken off current matters when the wolf attacked. He breathed fire at him, and was surprised when the wolf completely ignored it and pounced. Sharrag reacted quickly, putting up his wings to avoid injury to his face. He roared again as the wolf landed, tearing through the thin membranes of his wings. He swung one of his wings sideways, catapulting the wolf to the side. He hissed in pain as he looked at his damaged wings. Red blood was covering his green scales and causing a considerable amount of pain. He flapped his wings once, and growled again. There would be no flying out of this fight.

Snarling he glanced towards the wolf angrily, before unleashing a torrent of green fire in his direction. The wolf easily jumped out of the way. Sharrag tilted his head so the fire followed the Alpha, catching him by surprise. With a snarl the wolf jumped out of the fire, only to be met with Sharrag's tail. With a yelp he was cast aside again, landing on his side and skidding across the ground. Sharrag took advantage of the Shrrg's momentary distraction to attack head on. He smashed his claws against him, trying to break through his wards. The Alpha quickly rolled and got to his feet just in time to avoid another strike from Sharrag's deadly talons.