"There's a Mummy On Main Street" PART 2

(A/N: 10 bucks to anyone who can figure out who's face this is

(A/N: 10 bucks to anyone who can figure out who's face this is. ^ Honestly it's too easy.)

~

Annie's POV

"You don't think we were meant for each other?"

I closed my eyes silently wishing I didn't bring it up as I removed my hands from off his shoulders as I heard footsteps behind me.

Ric moves his hands from where they were on my waist as we both turned around to look at Kaleb who put a duffel bag on top of the car's hood before he spoke.

"So let me run this back. Homie talks like he's protecting innocents,but his office actually sits on top of the portal to hell?"

"Not hell,specifically. Hell adjacent." I started to say.

"It's a tar pit of doom where monsters rot for all eternity." Ric finished.

"Uh huh. And what if the urn gets to Malivore, w-what happens? The Adjacent Apocalypse."

"Two of the three locks that keep Malivore sealed will be open, which will lead to the end of all supernatural beings."

"Sooo should I call Damon and give him my condolences now? Or?" I asked no one in particular as my right hand started to move for my back pocket, reaching for my phone.

Only to be stopped by Ric who grabbed onto my wrist, pulling my hand away from my phone.

"Okay. So we can't get the mummy get the urn, we can't let Agent Clarke's phony hazmat dudes get the urn, and if we get the urn then we're just bringing monsters back to the school with us?"

"Yeah. It is kind of a lose-lose." Ric stated.

Kaleb laughed before he spoke up.

"Well, ya'll crazier then my family. Minus the barbecue." Kaleb told us as he placed the cross bow onto his shoulder.

Ric chuckled which made me smile.

"So who do I get to fight?" Kaleb asked.

"Actually, I need you to compel all the locals to forget what they've seen." Ric told him.

"You mean while everyone else is fighting an actual mummy. I'm stuck with a bunch of simpletons making them forget about bugs?"

Kaleb looked over at me before he continued.

"Why can't you do it?"

"Because I don't like being benched." I shot back with a slight shrug of my shoulders.

Ric and I looked around a bit, at the TRIAD people walking around before looking back at Kaleb.

"We don't know who this TRIAD group is or what they intend to do with the urn, but we can't run the risk of letting them get their hands on it. So first, we need them to think that we're on their side."