"I'll Tell You a Story"

Annie's POV

Annie's POV

I was confused as to why Ric needed me in his office so early this morning.

But when he called me and explained to me what happened as I got dressed, I understood why he felt the need to leave.

Now I feel bad for the kid.

I was sat in Ric's office chair, he stood beside me while Emma was seated in the chair across from me, and Hope stood as we listened to to voicemail Landon left.

"Hey, Ric. Sorry to take off like that, but I just needed a little time. So I'm going camping for a while. Hopefully I can catch up on classwork later. Tell Raf and Jed hi for me."

The answering machine beeped meaning the message had finished.

"Jed? Why would he say hi to Jed? You should go after him. Something doesn't make sense." She said.

"Hope..." Ric said.

"Triad already tried to come for him once. It's not safe for him out there." She added.

"We kept a massive secret from him, and I think he just needs some time to process that. I think we should respect his privacy and just wait." I told her.

She scoffed before walking off, opening the door and closing it behind her.

Ric came up behind me and gently rubbed my shoulders a bit.

"I know that look." He said and I looked up at him to see that he was looking over at Emma so I looked at her too.

She was looking down at the floor, with an expression on her face that I couldn't read but I could sense how uneasy she seemed.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"These kids have been through so much lately. I've done all I can to help Rafael, but the side effects of Hope's elixir are getting worse. He's losing time, having flashes of aggression. I think he's still sliding between his wolf mind and his human mind." She explained to us.

"We will-We'll keep an eye on him." Ric told her.

"You've been running on fumes these past few weeks. You're wife can barely run anymore without breathing heavily."

"Hey! I can still use my vamp speed, thank you very much."

"Barely. You told me that every time you use it you immediately get nauseous and have to sit down."

"Wait, what?" Ric said as he looked over at me.

I bit my lip nervously.

I haven't told him about that yet because I don't want to stop doing stuff around the school or stop helping the kids fight monsters.

"It wouldn't hurt to bring in someone else to help, maybe even assist in researching Rafael's condition."

I rolled my eyes, knowing exactly who she was talking about.