"We're Gonna Need A Spotlight"

Annie's POV

Annie's POV

I sat in Ric's office on the other side of his desk while he watched me as I pretended to read my book.

He slowly started to lean closer towards the intercom and I rolled my eyes before placing my book down then vamp speeding over to him,grabbing the intercom and holding the intercom in my hands behind my back.

"What'cha doing honey?" He asked me and I smiled innocently.

"Nothing. How's my handsome husband doing?" I said as I used my right hand to hold the intercom while my left hand placed itself onto his chest.

"Cute." He replied before moving my hand off his chest with one of his hands while his other tried to grab the intercom from me but I vamp sped away towards the wall causing the wire connected to the intercom to disconnect.

"Come on Annie-"

I cut him off.

"Ric,do you know how many of my primary kids made me promise to go to that show?"

"Look I'm sorry Annie but it has to be done. There's a monster on our grounds right now,this is the safest option for everyone."

"Yeah a monster that's captured,we have it under control. And besides if anything we're to happen we run a school full of supernatural kids,they'll be able to take care of themselves."

I stopped talking when he held out his hand in between the both of us that meant he was waiting for me to give it back.

"We can't take any risks."

"You just don't want to hear anymore kids sing the same songs 10 times in a row." I said and I knew I was right because he didn't let up,because his arm was still up in between us.

"Ric,this talent show is the only normal thing these kids get to do once a year. You can't take away their normalcy."

"I'm not taking it away Annie,I'm simply postponing it." He told me.

"Do you know how long it takes for a year to go by?" I asked him.

He just walked over to me instead of replying to me and once he was right in front of me he stopped as he looked down at me,I closed my eyes before letting out a long sigh before handing him the intercom.

"Stupid brown eyes,stupid charm,stupid girly feelings. Stupid,stupid,stupid." I muttered as I walked past Ric to sit in a chair in front of his desk while he chuckled at me.

Once he finished reconnecting the intercom he held down the button that emitted a musical chime which basically let the students know that he was about to talk.