"Hope Is Not The Goal"

Annie's POV

Annie's POV

"Given our recent influx of monsters,the Sheriff and I have decided we need to take drastic action. Please give him your full attention." Ric said.

"Like Dr Saltzman was saying,local girls Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoteraux didn't come home last night. Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party,but this is a first for Sasha." Matt told them.

"Thank you Sheriff Donovan. Now while the knife is away with Dorian and things are quiet on his end,it won't hurt to assume the worst. If Dana and Sasha have-"

I stopped listening to Ric's speech to the kids,only because I noticed MG and Kaleb whispering to one another which made me curious.

So being the nosy person I,genetically am,I started to listen to their conversation.

"I saw you feed on her." MG said,I felt my head shaking side to side in disappointment.

"Yeah,feed. Not kidnap. MG,I'm telling you vampire to vampire..this ain't on me." Kaleb replied,defending himself and I sighed before turning back to Ric.

"Now I'll need a few of you to volunteer to go to Mystic Falls High under the guise of an exchange program meant to improve relations between our schools,which,unfortunately,is necessary,given recent events."

The next few things he began to announce surprised me to say the least.

"Now,I give you permission to compel them,to gather materials,for locator spells because any information we can get will make all the difference." He said.

"Well,I guess that I can set aside my differences with Dana for a day. Because that is what heroes do." Lizzie said which caused me to stare at her with furrowed eyebrows.

Why do I feel like soon she'll have hero hair?

"So I volunteer as tribute."

I tried really hard not to face palm.

I mean don't get me wrong I understand where Lizzie is coming from...I think.

But this is no time for her to suddenly feel heroic.

It was quiet for a quick minute or two but then Kaleb stood up.

"I'm in." He said which caused his best friend,MG to get up as fast as he did.

"I'm in too." MG said.

It took another second when another student stood up.

"I'd like to help." Hope said while standing up.

~

(In the woods with Ric and Matt)

"Jogger called it in." Matt told us as the three of us walked over to the back of a flipped car.

"Yeah,the plates match. It's Dana's car." He said as we walked over to the drivers side and saw a red blood streak on the side.

"I think it's safe to say she's not a run away."