Alone (4/6)

Spideychelle
Original chap name: No one left
Description: someone dies

—-
Peter Parker's PoV

WE JOGGED through the park, sharing my headphones as we went to my house. I hummed along to the music as it played S.L.U.T by Bea Miller, a suggestion by MJ before my phone started ringing. MJ giving me an annoyed look as our music had stopped.

I went to decline before seeing Aubt Mays name and instantly picked up.

Me: Hi Aunt May!

I said cheerily into the phone.

Aunt May: Hello Peter. Where are you.

Me: I'm on my way home, I was with MJ

Aunt May: Why May I ask are you with a girl at forty one past five in the morning

I looked over at MJ to see her smiling, remembering my headphones where still plugged in so she could hear everything.

Me: I stayed over as we had a project together

MJ kicked me in the knee, taking the phone quickly

MJ: He's lying. He got beat up so I looked after him

Aunt May: Thank you MJ. I'll talk to Peter. Thank you for looking after him.

I stared at MJ, snatching the phone back, having had my headphone ripped out after she kicked me so annoyingly not have heard May's reply.

Me: Anyway. Why you calling.

Aunt May: Well I got home earlier than expected and was going to surprise you but I guess that failed. See you when you get here.

May hung up the call as I looked over at MJ to see her taking out her headphone and handing it over. I looked at her confused. As she rolled her eyes.

"Well now I'm guessing is the point where you run abnormally fast to your house." She said, smiling at me.

I went to say something before she cut me off. "Just go. See you on Monday, or maybe sooner. Looser." She added at the end, smiling and walking off.

I smiled at her before turning around and running.

I ran without stopping for 15 minuets, exited as May had been away for the past month so I was excited to see her again.

Seeming it was nearly six o'clock people working at shops that opened early or with weekend jobs where starting to fill the streets, people leaving early for holidays littered the road with occasional cars.

As soon as I got there I ran up the stairs, racing to the apartment, having a feeling, knowing something was wrong.

I reached the top, looking down the hallway I could see our apartment door blown wide open. "No, no, no, no." I mumbled, running towards the door. Running in, my heart throbbing painfully in my chest seeing everything scattered on the ground, the breath turn from my lungs, May lying lifeless on the ground. Her eyes once filled with light, now dull, staring off into the seemingly endless distance. A bullet in her head.

"Peter." A woman stuttered, the vigilante recognising the voice of Mays work colleague, staring at me in shock and greif. "I-I've called the police." Her words offered no comfort as I fell to the floor, tears streaming out of my tired eyes.

"No." My voice horse and cracked. Not Aunt May. The tears flooded my vision, as I let out a sob, feeling my heart shatter into a million pieces.

I cried, letting out small hiccuping sobs seeing the last woman, the last person who cared for me, lying lifeless on the apartment floor.

Slowly the police began filtering into the apartment, as they began their endless list of questions, to me it all sounding like a blur. I could see as Mays college Kimi was questioned she kept glancing worriedly over at me as I sat on my knees blankly with a tear stuck face. I had no one left.

The police offered their blessings to the fallen woman, but I knew as the day woke to a knew tomorrow, May would be forgotten in the many texts as the newspapers came, the large headline describing the her death, then as the night passed she would be forgotten as if it was just another day.

An officer rested her hand on my shoulder, snapping me out off my sorrow, back to reality.

She opened her mouth to speak, to tell me it would be okay. I got up and ran, pushing through the bystanders and officers as I ran to the stairs. I couldn't listen, listen to them saying everything was alright, that it would be okay in the end.

I couldn't bear to hear the strangers mourn her loss, tell him they knew how he was feeling and where sorry for his loss as they bowed their heads in respect.

I pushed past each person, the now heavy downpour masking my tears.

I ran into a small ally, collapsing on the final steps of a fire escape. I let out a heartbreaking cry, not caring who heard me.

Because I was alone.
With no one left.
And that was my biggest fear.

When everyone left me, one by one, till I was all alone, suffocating in sorrow.

I reached into my pocket, grabbing my phone. My hands trembling as I held the device, sliding the lock screen open, my eyes so blurred with tears I could barely see. Calling the one man who told me I'd always be welcome. Tony Stark.

Listening to the phone ring, my chest tightening as I was invited to listen to the billionaire's recorded message.

I tossed my phone at my feet, sobs wracking my body. "Why!" I screamed, pulling at my hair, crying out loud.

Over the rain and my sobs there was one thing I failed to hear, the soft voice of my phone alerting me.
"Your voicemail has been sent."
—-
I have to confess I haven't acc written in a while but I now have a list of all requests ready to start writing

Aaaand I don't know what else to say....

-Spidey