Chapter Three

"Wha...t...?" I looked around, and everything was normal.
What triggered that? The clock — Ciel pulled out a pocket watch, — and — and there's a watch on my arm!
But how did I get back here..?

"Excuse me.." I spinned around quickly to face the voice. They flinched back a bit as they mumbled an 'oh' from shock.
"Ah.. you alright?" It was a boy, a little older than me from the looks of it.

"Oh — sorry, am I in your way?" I stepped to the side of the sidewalk as I held my head, trying to act courteous but I was still trying to figure out what was going on.

"No-no, I just... saw you aumm freaking out a little? I don't know - nevermind — sorry for scaring you a bit there."

"Oh, you're fine — sorry, I'm just... really confused right now..." I looked away from them, at the road then back at them. They had this expression as though they thought they just ran into a mental institution escapee.
"Heh — sorry... ah... I'll get going now — thanks for checking on me." I quickly shot them a smile then turned back around and walked a little bit faster.

•Time skip - 11 minutes later•

You would think searching for makeup is easy but then there's brands, and what kind of coverage you want, the infamous skin tones, and then... the price.
And not to mention the amount you're paying for too.

"Excuse me, do you need any help?" I looked up from my hands that each held a different foundation, towards a worker.

"Ah! Actually yes, do you guys have any foundation to cover this tattoo?" I moved the bottle in my left hand to my right, and extended my arm out towards her slightly. She looked at it quickly and then made eye contact back with me again.

"Yes, I think I know two or so brands that do stage makeup foundation — which should be perfect for covering that up." She smiled at me, and then turned towards the ilse rack I was already looking at, but went to a different section of it. I put down the bottles I had back in their places as she picked up a test bottle.
She grabbed a swab from the provided sample testing tools and stuck it in the bottle.

"Can I see your arm for a moment?"

"Ah," I held my arm out to her and she swabbed it on me in a small section.

"Mmm looks like you're just a little bit darker than this." She wiped it off me with a small tissue square and switched her bottle out with another on on the shelf. She threw away the old sample swab and got a new one.
Man am I glad I went here instead of the supermarket... she's so detailed..

"This seems to be the right one! How does this work for you?" I looked at my forearm again and saw a moderate portion of the tattoo covered completely and near perfectly.

"Perfect! I'll take it." I grinned happily at her.

•Time: 12:19pm•

"Finally back home... aaaahhh.." I closed the front door behind me with my back and locked it quickly as I slowly made my way into the living room.
"I'm going to count that as my leg exercise for the next two weeks..."
I set my small bag of makeup (I ended up buying more than just foundation...) on the coffee table and flopped onto the couch.

.
.
.

"This is driving me insane — did I hallucinate the whole thing??? - what the hell happened — Ciel, Sebastian — a whole VICTORIAN MANOR isn't real and yet SOMEHOW I was there for 2 and a half hours!!"
I yelled out in frustration as I stared at the ceiling.