"She's fucking crazy," Kurt chuckles, his shaggy hair falling into his eyes as he stares down at his beat-up converse, "But I like her." The conversation came to an end as Courtney reenters the room, motioning for Kurt to follow her out.

After a moment of silence, Shelli claps her hands together. "Well," She slides out from her spot next to me at the table, "Now that the commercial break is over, let's get back to our regularly scheduled program. What do we want to eat?"

---

My pointer finger lightly traces over the Led Zeppelin tattoo covering Dave's left shoulder, following the crossing lines leading away from the center. After eating, Shelli and Krist invited us to go into town with them, but we politely decline in hopes of catching up on some sleep.

"I could wake up like this for the rest of my life," His fingers lightly pull through my hair as I press a delicate kiss to his exposed sternum.

After Kurt and I's second almost kiss in Texas, I made spending time with Dave a priority of mine. I didn't want to think about what could have happened that night, or what would have changed if our lips locked. "Will you sing for me?"

"Babe..." Dave sighs, shifting so he could prop his upper body up. "I have a stupid voice. Can't you just listen to the recordings?"

If it wasn't for the fact that the bunks are too small, I'd be straddling his lap with a pout on my face. "Please baby?" My finger continues tracing shapes on his warm skin, causing goosebumps to form.

"Alright come on," He smacks my butt lightly as a signal to get up, "One song and then you owe me."

I push myself out of the bunk, pulling Dave's discarded t-shirt over my head before strutting to the back room. Making sure to sway my hips more than usual to tease him. "Oh, you don't have to worry about me owing you anything Mr. Grohl."

He hisses as I do a little twirl before falling backwards onto the black leather couch in the back room, "Miss Pierce, you're going to be the death of me..." Dave struggles with pulling on a pair of basketball shorts before grabbing his guitar and taking a seat next to me to tune it. "Anything specific?"

"Nope." I curl up closer to the man, placing the side of my face against his back as he started strumming slow simple chords. The slow melancholy sound caused my eyes to slide shut.

"I'm not around that much, running... exhausted." His familiar voice brought a smile to my face, "And lost. If it could ever be undone, will it... have costed?" After entering the chorus, he loosened up, giving the unreleased song the effort it deserved.

Dave has always been insecure about his ability to play guitar and sing, often telling me he was the 'worst singer' or has a 'stupid voice', like earlier. However, anytime I caught him singing, couldn't help but give him my undivided attention. He was good and no amount of complaining on his part would ever make me think differently.

"After the bliss has long ended, this caution... this fault." I press light kisses to his shoulder blade, feeling the way his muscles reacted to each strum until the song came to an end. Silence enveloped us, making me wonder what he was thinking about as he sat the guitar down on the floor. "The song doesn't even make sense..."

His hands come up to his face, holding the loose strands back as he sighs. "I liked it."

"You're just saying that because you love me and don't want to hurt my feelings," I shift on the couch so he can lean back, "Drummers aren't supposed to sing for a reason."

His words make me frown, "David you're a fucking talented musician all around. Stop worrying about perfection and just do what you love. Yeah, the lyrics may not make complete sense, but your melancholy tone and chords told me everything I needed to know."

"You're going to give me an ego," He jokes before pulling me over, so I could straddle his lap.

My hand reaches forward to brush my bangs away before pressing a light kiss to his mouth, "Good because you need at least a small one to be a Rockstar."

---

"They look fucking uncomfortable..." Shelli whispered to me as we watch the boys give an interview. Dave was resting his chin on one hand, a cigarette slowly burning in his free one. Kurt couple barely keep his eyes open and Krist was hunched forward, looking smaller than he actually is.

I didn't blame them though; it was probably the hundredth interview they've given this year. They are obviously sick of talking to strangers about things that don't really matter. "Hopefully this one goes better than yesterdays."

Courtney was in the other dressing room with Hole in order to give their own interview, and I couldn't be happier not to see the blonde woman's face, even if it was only for a short period of time. "Danny told Kurt earlier that he can't just walk out of interviews."

"We both know Kurt doesn't give two shits about what Danny says though," I respond as the interviewer takes a seat across from the three.

The man, who has the beginning of a bald spot forming on the back of his head, clears his throat before speaking in broken English. "How would you describe the music of Nirvana?" Krist smirks, beginning a steady beat on the table that Kurt easily followed along with. Dave eventually joined in, vocalizing the sounds of a guitar until Kurt stopped.

"With a twist of lemon," He finished by squeezing a nearby lemon slice, so the sticky juice was now covering the table in front of the interviewer.

The next ten minutes went on like this. Kurt and Krist doing everything but answering questions while Dave sorted out food in silence between the two best friends. I knew he always felt like the odd man out in interviews, having not been an original member of the band, but for now he is just going to do what he can to live his dream.

---

Present

"That entire night was a complete shit show because our show in Amsterdam the next day had been cancelled," I mutter as I place a Blue 5 on top of the UNO pile, "Courtney wanted Kurt to stay with her in Belgium that night and we were scheduled to head to the Netherlands. You can guess what ended up happening though."

Casey places down a Draw 4, pissing Amy off in the process before changing the color to Red. "So, did you guys just leave Kurt there to make his way to the next venue on his own?"

"You bet your ass we did," I respond before placing a Red 8 down. "The four of us had one of the best nights of our lives when we arrived too. Deciding to go to a club downtown and get hammered before stumbling back to the bus at eight in the morning. I thought Danny was going to kill us."

Jack places down a Red Draw 2, resulting in me flicking him off before taking two cards from the deck. "So, did Dave never notice anything between you and Kurt throughout all this time? Because if I was dating a girl, I'm pretty sure I'd notice if one of my close friends were trying to kiss her all the time."

"I feel like Dave had a hunch that something was going on, but he never wanted to rock the boat. He and I almost broke up how many times that year? He wasn't going to risk pissing me off by accusing me of cheating; he definitely wasn't going to accuse Kurt of hitting on me either out of fear for his job..." I shrug as Amy places yet another Draw 2 down, followed by Casey and Jack resulting in me drawing 6. "Fuck you guys."

Amy placed down her final card on top of the deck, arms shooting up in victory as the rest of us groan in annoyance. "So why was this day so significant? Dave playing Exhausted for you for the first time couldn't have been the only reason."

"It was the day Bean was conceived."

Filler filler filler :)

Next chapter is a big deal though...