Chapter 25

"I May Be Scattered, A Little Shattered"

Present

The four of us were gathered around my kitchen table slowly devouring a pizza I had put in the oven for dinner. "Alright kids, if we want to get through this story before you leave, we can't have any more distractions."

"Or," Amy dragged the single word out, "We could just stay another week and hear every dirty little detail."

I frown at her comment, "You know that would be a great idea if I didn't want my apartment back. Don't get me wrong, I love you guys but not having alone time is slowly killing me. Plus, I have to go back to work."

"It's your studio though," Jack points out.

I nod, "Yes and if I don't go in nothing will get done and I won't be making money."

"Okay," Casey interrupts in hopes of bringing order back to the group, "So post Reading Festival 1991. Where to now?"

---

September 23, 1991

Boston, MA

A paper football soared past my face for what seemed like the hundredth time since I began cooking breakfast for the guys this morning. "David Eric Grohl I swear to god if another-" I stop talking when another small folded triangle flies by my face, landing in the batch of scrambled eggs on the stove.

"You swear to god what?" When I pivot around to face the brunette boy, he was locked and loaded with yet another triangle. "Hands up baby."

I couldn't help but scowl at his childlike antics this early in the morning. I love him, but I don't have nearly enough caffeine in my system yet to put up with his makeshift game of paper football. "Bite me Grohl."

"Oh," His voice lowers, "I will complete your request later Miss Pierce. Don't worry." With that, the triangle was in the air. Smacking me right in the middle of my forehead.

Dave jumps up, doing a silent victory dance due to his perfect shot until I was in front of him, pressing an unused spatula to his chest. With every step I took forward, he immediately countered with one back until I had him pinned between our hosts small kitchen table and my body. "I told you no funny business."

"I don't recall," He pretends to think about our earlier conversations, "Nope, nothing about that comes to mind." I lightly trail the spatula down his torso, watching his muscles react to the plastic the same way they do when I touch him.

When our eyes meet, I recognize the dark want in them immediately.

The five of us have been on the road since the beginning of August and there has been no time for funny business due to shows, interviews, or simply exhaustion. It took a toll on both of us because whenever the perfect opportunity arose, Dave would be whisked off or Shelli would come looking for me.

"Have I told you recently how sexy you actually are?" I bite my bottom lip and discard the spatula, replacing it with my hands.

Once we made contact it was all over. Dave flips us around, pinning my smaller frame against the table so he can take dominance.

A scoff passing through his throat as he leans down to press hungry kisses to my neck. "I'm not sexy, but god just watching you strut around in your underwear all day could get me off at this point." His hips grind against mine, making me giggle at how turned on he already was.

I hold back my squeal, not wanting to wake the rest of the house, as he lifts me onto the small wooden table. His hair cascading down into my face as he presses his forehead against mine.