Chapter 24

The morning after our mall trip I told Namjoon everything that had happened. He was shocked to say the least.

"I still can't believe you enjoyed a mall day with your estranged mother," he said wistfully.

"I can't either. I guess part of me felt bad. I honestly don't know anymore though. I don't know what to feel. I don't hate her but sometimes I wish she had never walked back into my life, but then at the same time, she did come back and try to make an effort. Even a lot of it was insulting," I sighed.

Namjoon rubbed circles on the small of my back.

"I'm sorry. I know for the past six months I've complained a lot and you don't get a chance to. What's going on with you? Any issues with work?" I asked.

"Not really. The producers were starting the writing process for a new album and wanted my input. I'm still on paternity leave though so I'm not going to be working on it rigorously. But if I'm called I'll have to go in and just look at some things. Of course I can refuse if you need me to," he said.

"I'm not going to stop you from working. You're doing what you love. I can handle myself for a day when you need to work," I chuckled.

I leaned into him, resting myself on his lap.

"I'm not too heavy right? Are you uncomfortable?" I asked.

He smiled, caressing my cheek, "You're perfect just the way you are."

Time Skip

I don't remember when I fell asleep but I dozed off on Namjoon's lap.

When I woke up, I stretched and accidentally hit him the face.

"Hey sleepyhead," he cooed.

"What time is it?" I asked sleepily.

"Noon," he replied.

I sat up slowly, missing the comfort and warmth of his lap.

"Hey, I got another call to stop by. Are you going to be okay?" He asked.

"Is the company car coming?"

He nodded.

"Can I be dropped off at the park?" I asked.

"If you want. But we should get ready soon because the car will be here in a few minutes," he said.

We both headed upstairs to shower and change.

By the time we were both ready, the car had arrived.

The first stop was dropping me off at the park.

"Call me if you need anything," Namjoon said as I got out of the car.

I nodded.

He sent me flying kisses as the car drove off.

I turned and started walking through the familiar place.

It had been a while since I'd come here. The last time I came here was when I told Namjoon that I was pregnant and we were having the welcome home party.

But I wasn't here for a walk.

I came here to talk to someone.

I was surprised I still remembered where it was.

The tree where we released our mother's ashes.

What was the most shocking was that no one had touched the urn. It had been there for five or six years untouched.

My hand lightly touched the bark of the tree, remembering the day where Jimin, Mina, and I had to finally let go.

"Hey eomma. It's been a really long time. Five or six years almost. I'm sorry I haven't stopped by more often. Life has been kind of crazy for us. You don't know what's up though so I'll fill you in. I reunited with Namjoon, the boy who I didn't want to leave when you guys adopted me. We became close almost instantly, trying to catch up on the fourteen years we'd lost. All in that time we dealt with...you know. Namjoon was really brave and protected me from him every opportunity he could. We even got him arrested and now he's in jail. But that's jumping a bit. So besides that, Jiminie and I set Mina as Seokjin up and then they started dating which was super cute. And then this girl named Lily who worked at the old cafe Mina and I worked at started dating Jimin. They both had crushes on each other but never wanted to admit it. So we pushed them together. And then Namjoon and I became closer and we started dating as well. Then we pressed charges against dad and he was put in jail. Everything was great. The girls and I worked for BTS, which is the internationally popular group that consists of Namjoon, Jimin, Seokjin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Taehyung and Jungkook. Everything was great. Life was going our way. We were achieving our dreams. Then about five years after their debut Namjoon, Jimin, and Hoseok had planned a surprise. The boys called all of us onto the stage. Out of the blue those three had dropped on one knee and proposed. Namjoon to me. Jimin to Lily. Hoseok to Yoonji, Yoongi's younger sister. Mina and Seokjin were already engaged because we set them up. It was insane. But I was so happy and so in love. I wish you could've seen the weddings. They were all so gorgeous. I would love to go and do it again. Life was good after that. We were living the married life. But one day I woke up with a horrible sickness while the boys were in Japan. I called Mina and the girls over to help me figure out what was wrong. Turns out I was pregnant. And later we found out that I was pregnant with triplets. Which is pretty ironic. So I've been living the pregnant life. But during this time, someone showed up. She said she was my biological mother. And she had all the birth records and answers to prove it. She said my father passed away while she was pregnant from a drug overdose. And since there was no one to help her she didn't want to lose her twenties. But now suddenly she's back and very invested in my life. And she has this super creepy boyfriend who won't stop fooling around. But they just don't leave. And at first I thought I hated them with all my guts and I wanted to be petty. But yesterday, Nayoung took me shopping. And it was fun and felt genuine. I guess there's still a small amount of space for her in my heart. But I feel like I'm betraying you. Something feels wrong about letting her back into my life. But maybe I'm being suspicious. I just wish you were still here. Because you'd know what to do and say. Anyway, that's the briefing on our lives. I hope yours is well. I hope you've found peace and are living comfortably. Anyway, I'll let you go now. You must be annoyed with my rambling. Thanks for listening eomma. I'll try and talk to you more often."

I wiped the tears from my eyes and went to sit on a bench.

I stared out at the world and its people until Namjoon and the driver came back to pick me up.

Super dialoguey chapter sorry but yay double edit. I'll try to get more chapters out but idk if more will come out today. But I'll definitely try to get as many out as possible. Only 6 chapters left guys😭😭😭😭