1. Originality Is Cliché Pt. 2

Hi there, I want just to thank you for continuing my second book.
Enjoy the second part of this little story.

( Reader ) P.O.V.

*Two Weeks Later*

“Minho, that doesn’t even make sense!” I say, gesturing at him with a spoon.

He starts laughing at me, “Yes it does, shank! You’ll get the hang of it. Newt and I have been using these words since we were little kids.” He explains, copying my gestures dramatically.

I glare at him after shaking my head. He’s been trying to explain to me why he and Newt use ‘shank’, 'shuck’,’ slinthead’ and other weird slang with each other. Apparently when they were young, they wanted to curse at each other without their parents getting angry.

That’s when they made up these words and they just haven’t stopped using them, kind of like an inside joke. Since I’ve been hanging out at their place a lot, they’ve taken the liberty of teaching me their inside jokes.

Yes, I said 'their place’. Turns out, the reason that I haven’t seen any parents at Newt’s is because he doesn’t live with them. He moved out when he graduated high school and moved in this house with Minho.

“Fine, shuckface.” I offer, playfully. 

His face lights up and he’s laughing.“Yes!! Exactly like that! See? I told you you’d catch onto it.” He exclaims. I just laugh at him, admitting that I don’t even know exactly what I said.

It’s a Saturday and Minho was free, so I ended up over here. Mom was supposed to have the day off but she got called about a private session for a wedding. Which I’m fine with, she had two days off in a row and I spent the entire time with her.

During the night of those two days, both Minho and Newt sat at the window across from mine. It got ridiculous having a three way conversation over paper. I’d often watch them fight each other to catch the paper.

More so because Minho would just write stupid things and throw it back while Newt wanted to just talk. But Minho would always leave early, giving Newt and I some time to just write.

“Minho?” I ask. He hums, looking at me. “What happened to Newt’s leg? I mean, I see him limping. Is he okay?" 

His face seems conflicted and I apologize, trying to dismiss myself. "No, no. It’s okay. I just feel that it’s not my story or place to tell you, you know?” He says and I just nod.

This just makes me more curious. Clearly something happened but I’m not sure how to ask Newt without making him uncomfortable. He’s not even home right now. Despite us getting closer, I still feel pretty clueless on Newt’s life.

Minho, on the other hand, has been yapping away about every detail of his life. Which is great, actually. I really enjoy listening to him and just casually talking with him. 

He works part-time at a local coffee shop, which I have yet to visit. On the side, he tutors a kid named Chuck. He’s a cool kid, he’s come over a few times while I’ve been here. 

“Well, I have a lesson with Chuck in a bit. Do you want to stick around?” Minho asks. I decide to let them do their lesson without my company and leave.