Thirty One

Jin growled, crouching down and getting ready to attack the alpha in front of him. They had all charged forward, trying to chase after the true blood who had run off in search of his mate, only to be blocked by a wall of alphas, all ready to kill and attack. 

It was a bloodbath. Everyone was dying, from each side. There were no clear winners, it wasn’t even clear which alpha belonged to which pack, all of them were so drenched in blood that the scents got mixed. 

The only indication was if you were being attacked. 

Jin and the alpha in front of him began to circle one another, ignoring the rest of the battle going on round them. It was just them and each of their wills to live. 

The other alpha was the first to attack, leaping forward and latching his jaws onto Jin’s neck. The alpha growled, whipping his head to the side and throwing the wolf off, leaping up and landing on him when he was down. 

Jin was brutal, letting his jaw sink into the wolf’s neck and dreading through the fur, through the skin underneath and continuing. The alpha below him began to whine and submit, but Jin knew that they would attack again as soon as he let go. 

So he bit harder, until there was no more struggle left. 

He got off of the now dead wolf, turning to the rest of the battle. 

He let out a howl, bounding towards Blue Lily pack lands, wanting to get further in, to see Hoseok, Jungkook, to help them in any way that he could. 

But he was tackled to the ground before he could get very far, an alpha growing down at him. Jin rolled over, throwing the wolf off of him and was thrown into another battle. 

Hoseok covered Jungkook with the omega's discarded clothing in the corner. But it was ripped all over, simply having been ripped from his body. Hoseok wore no clothes himself, having been shifting in and out of his wolf form from fighting. 

But they needed to get out of there, they needed to move and Jungkook’s smell would be harder to pick up if he were in his human form. He covered his mate the best he could. “I’m going to change into my wolf form, and I want you to get onto my back.” Hoseok instructed. “We’re going to make a run for it, try to get back in Red a Lotus pack lands, away from the danger, Okay? Whatever happens, do not let go, Okay?”

Jungkook nodded shakily, climbing onto the true blood’s back when he changed into his wolf form. He laid, stomach down, his legs clenching Hoseok’s side, his hands clutching his fur and his head down. 

The wolf huffed, before taking off, running out of the pack house and then entering the woods. He could smell the blood, hear the fighting, the growling and howling of other wolves. 

He avoided all of that, swerving through trees and dodging branches. He was hyper aware of his mate on his back, injured and scared, and all he knew was that getting him to safety was his top priority. 

He growled when he saw a wolf running after them, speeding up, making his strides longer, knowing that if it came down to a fight, he would lose. He had to protect his mate, clutching onto his back, not just himself now. Normally, he wouldn’t care what injuries he sustained, but he couldn’t risk the safety of his omega. 

The wolf continued to chase him, and Hoseok only pushed harder, faster. 

Hie broke through the line of trees, skidding to a halt in front of one of the huts surrounding the pack house. The true blood turned, his eyes narrowing at the wolf who also broke through the tree line. 

The alpha then turned and growled at Hsook, crouching low, ready to leap forward. Hoseok didn’t know what to do, as he was now where he needed to be, but there was nowhere to run anymore. And with Jungkook still latched onto his back, he was at a great disadvantage. 

But Hoseok would have to fight, he had no choice, looking at the alpha crouching, ready to leap at him. With a low growl, Hoseok waited, challenging the alpha. 

And he charged. Hoseok braced himself, crouching lower, ready to leap at the alpha, when a blur crashed into the wolf. Hoseok stepped back, surprised to see a human standing there, a plank of wood in his hand. The human was breathing heavily, and Hoseok could hear in his heart beat how scared he was. 

The human turned, breathing heavily, the plank of wood gripped in his hand still. Jungkook raised his head slowly, his eyes watering. “Sengie!” He called, reaching out for the human. Seng slowly approached the giant wolf his friend was on, careful not to piss him off. The wolf was huge, larger than him and he did not want to die today. 

Jungkook slid off of Hoseok, patting his side. “Sengie will protect me, Seokie.” He whispered. Hoseok bowed his head in acknowledgment, turning when he heard a growl from behind him. The true blood got into a defensive position and threw the charging alpha backs just as he got too close to his mate and the human. 

Jungkook screamed, and Seng pulled him back, tugging the omega along, towards the pack house. Hoseok and the alpha circled on another, lashing out occasionally with their claws, their teeth. 

They growled at one another, not bothering to try and communicate. 

This was a fight to the death. 

The other alpha charged, and Hoseok fell back as his teeth grazed his neck. His paw came out and swiped at the alpha, landing a good scratch on his shoulder. The alpha fell back and growled, crouching low before jumping forward pushing Hoseok to the ground and pressing him down with his weight. 

The two bit at each other, Hoseok wrestling with the alpha on the ground, twisting his body back and both, snapping his jaws and growling. 

Finally, Hoseok managed to pin the other alpha, growling in his face for him to submit. 

But the other alpha wouldn’t relent, snapping his teeth at Hoseok, who finally bent down and latched his teeth into the aloha’s neck. He tasted blood in his mouth but kept going. 

Hoseok growled and bit harder, harder. 

And the alpha below him stopped moving. 

Hoseok let go, stepping away. 

But he looked away too soon. 

For something landing on his back and he cried out as jaws latched onto his neck. Blood filled his nose and he realized that the alpha had never died, merely pretended to, so Hoseok would let go. 

Hoseok twisted, throwing the alpha from him, but the damage was done. Hoseok was bleeding from his neck, but he could tell that the wound wasn’t nearly as bad as the other alpha’s, but he was still injured. 

The two alphas ran towards one another. 

Until Hoseok pinned the alpha down once more. He growled in his face, but didn’t wait for him to try and submit, merely latched his jaws into his neck once more. 

And bit. 

Hard. 

He heard the crack of a broken neck, and only then did he let go. 

He stood above the body, staring down at it, his eyes narrowed. The wolf slowly turned back into his human form, his wolf dying last. Hoseok waited, and finally the identity of the alpha loomed over him. 

Head alpha Lee. 

Dead.