~03~ loner

loner

"Don't you want to unpack your stuff first?" Hyunah asked, before Jimin could rush out of the door

"Don't you want to unpack your stuff first?" Hyunah asked, before Jimin could rush out of the door. He only shook his head and left the house as fast as he could.

He was lucky that he's got the bigger room in the small cottage. It was a very pretty house, Jimin couldn't deny that. They were near the center of Bosa and unlike in France or Sweden the stoned houses were pressed against one another here.

Right in front of their house was a simple fountain with benches of stone surrounding it.

Jimin let his hand slide through the cold water and splashed it a bit as he walked in the direction of the town. When they drove here from the airport, he saw a flea market in the city, so he wanted to look for some more books. He only brought two, but now he's seen many beautiful places to read and so he decided to buy more.

While Taehyung finished one romance book after another in summer vacation and Jeongguk read classics like The Little Prince, Jimin prefered horror novels. Thrilling, scaring horror novels. Real thick ones.

So now as he was strolling to the flea market, he hoped to find some good horror novels in korean.

He could already hear the market from far. The overlapping voices, shouts from the merchants who tried to sell clothes, food and junk.

A big smile started to spread across his lips. Fuck, this was really not too bad.

Jimin loved flea markets. They were full of people and impressions and scents and colors. It was amazing.

After strolling over the market for a while and buying some Churros, he found the booth he's been looking for.

Books over books were towered on and underneath a wooden table. The owner of the booth asked Jimin someting in italian, but Jimin tried to show him with his hands that he didn't speak his language.

Nevertheless the old man still looked at him like he was insane after the fourth time, so he turned away and muttered to himself, "Is that so hard to understand?"

"Oh, you korean are?" the old man suddenly asked in broken korean. "My wife too is. Yoongi!" A young man who stood with his back to the two of them turned around and looked at the man with a questioning glance. The man said something to the black-haired and said boy looked at Jimin, who for some reason was mesmerized by looking at the slightly taller boy.

"My grandfather just wanted to know whether you're looking for something specific," Yoongi said with perfect pronouncation.

Jimin was taken aback. By the voice of the elder, by the name of the elder, by the looks of the elder. Why did he seem so familiar? „U-uhm..." he stammered out. "D-do you have horror novels?"

Yoongi shrugged and started digging through the books. "I'm sure we do somewhere, but they are most likely in italian." Suddenly the black-haired halted in his actions and turned to Jimin inspecting him from head to toe. "Don't I know you somehow?"

"You look very familiar to me too, but I don't know why. We're just for vacation here, so I don't know how we could know each other," Jimin chuckled uneasily. The sudden snip of Yoongi's fingers right in front of his eyes made him flinch and look at the knowing grin of the elder.

"Are you Park Jimin?"

"Y-yes, how-"

"Min Yoongi, do you remember? Man, it's been long. Must've been eleven years now!"

Jimin felt his heart doing three twists in a row and his stomach did heavy rotations. Of course!!! It was Yoongi! How could he not recognize him at first sight?

"Wow, Yoongi! I would've never thought I'd see you ever again. What a coincidence!" he grinned happily and Yoongi sighed defeated.

"Yeah, I know. We moved here when I was twelve, because my grandmother here in Sardinia got sick. I hope you found friends by now?"

"What do you mean by that?" Jimin pouted with his arms crossed. The elder scratched his neck.

"I'm just saying, that you didn't have exactly many friends back then," he chuckled and Jimin gasped dramatically, "Excuse me, but as far as I remember, I had a very good friend called Susan. Maybe you remember her, red locks, green eyes, pink dress, freckles, stuffed with cotton wool?"

On that Yoongi broke into a fit of laughter and Jimin was quick to join him. Funny how it felt like they were old friends meeting again, when they were practically strangers.

After he's calmed down, Yoongi excused himself and kept looking for the wanted books. "So, how've you been?" he started some small talk.

"Very good actually," Jimin told him. "I did make friends and they are awesome. I love them a lot. I got a little brother, for whom I got only bullied more in school, bu-"

"You got bullied? Why?" Yoongi looked up from his actions, his eyes somewhat sorrowful.

Jimin chuckled drily at the memory of his bullies. "God knows why. 'Cause I was different? Am different? I mean back then I didn't know yet that I am gay but I guess they sensed that I was not like them and didn't like that. They probably just couldn't stand the fact that I was not as boring normal as them," Jimin joked to ease the heavy atmosphere that had settled down.

"Well, I'm sorry," Yoongi mumbled, before handing Jimin three books. "These are italian. But...I can maybe translate them for you, if you wanna?"

Jimin was more than taken aback by the unexpected offer. "U-uhm, sure! But I don't wanna steal your time or anythi-"

"Pff," Yoongi waved off with a small smile. "I have all the time in the world. Just finished school. I'm only helping my grandpa at his booth twice a week and that's it. No obligations. Where do you live?"

Jimin nodded in the direction of his house and started walking, Yoongi following him, before the younger stormed back and fished in his pocket for money. "I have to pay these."

But before he even could slam the bills on the table, Yoongi grabbed his wrist and dragged him off, mumbling, "They are free for you."

everything i see and think lately is an inspiration for this book

changed the tense into past because i'm so bad in writing present tense third pov hehe

-toffee