~02~ summer

summer

Time has passed

Time has passed. A lot of time, you could say. In the eleven years since that one garden party much happened.

Six months after the party, Jimin's brother was born. Yes, a brother. Despite all expections, it was a boy, shocking the family, but especially Jimin, who was anything but happy. Not that he didn't want a brother. He didn't really care about that. He just thought, that it would be nicer to have a baby sister.

The real and big disappointment of Jimin's came when he slowly realized that his brother was a 'real boy', how the kids in school called him. Jimin was called a girl from everyone in school, because he liked wearing girly clothes, had a backpack with butterfly patches and didn't like playing football.

But then when Jihyun came to school everyone was mocking Jimin only harder, saying that "your brother is how boys should be, you see?"

Jimin knew that he was different, but he didn't mind that. He was who he was and didn't plan on changing just because of some jerks. These kids didn't seem to be fitting to be his friends and he didn't want them to be, but he was sad that the kind of kids that he would like to befriend weren't on his school.

When he finally got to middle school, away from the annoying bullies, he was more than relieved to meet Taehyung. The two became the epitome of best friends and without wanting to, they were popular. Not in the way that everybody wanted to be friends with them or anything, but everybody knew them. Also, because Taehyung and his boyfriend Jeongguk were the first openly gay boys in their school, which was quite a thing.

Luckily the three attented the same high school as well, where Jimin finally realized that the thing about him, that was always different was his incredible gayness, which he discovered on a houseparty, during an intense flirt with the host.

But after all these years, he never forgot his first friend. No, not Susan, never would he forget her, but Yoongi. Min Yoongi, who made his heart flutter for the first time in his life. And...the last. Because even though he had many friends by now, that feeling he had at his encounter with Yoongi stayed unique, which he assumed must be, because he was so excited and nervous. He was his first friend after all. But he never saw him again after the party.

~~~

"I don't want to go to fucking Sardinia," Jimin snorted, arms crossed.

"Park Jimin, language!" Hyunah scolded, but that went ignored by the sixteen years old.

"Why can't we do something exciting for once in my life?" he groaned.

"We live in a democracy in this household," his father retorted from the kitchen. "And we decided three against one to go somewhere calm to truly clear our minds from this busy everyday life."

"Yeah, sure," Jimin tapped with his foot on the floor. He knew that drove his mother insane, that's why he did it. "But we can also relax in New York! I mean, y'all can go chill in Central Park while I visit the city!"