~01~ garden party

~garden party~

Park Hyunah was obsessed with parties

Park Hyunah was obsessed with parties. Especially her famous garden parties, that she threw every year, ever since Jimin could think. When he was a child, he hated his mother's garden parties. While the adults drank and ate and talked he sat alone on a bench and played with his doll.

Yes, Jimin had a doll when he was younger. Now that he thought about it, he figured that this might've been one of the reasons why he didn't have any friends as a child. Along with the fact that he was a single child and didn't live near any other houses, meaning he didn't have neighbors to play with. So he spent the first 5 years of his life alone with his parents and his doll, Susan.

He didn't really mind though, he could perfectly entertain himself, it was only a bit annoying at the parties. His parents were very young, so most of their friends didn't have children yet. It was just him and all these adults, treating him like he was a child (which he was obviously not). Being the only child among about 20 adults can suck and make you feel pretty alone.

But all that changed when he was five years old, because his mother happily announced that he was going to have a baby sibling. That lit up Jimin's whole world and he immediately began wondering what games he could play with his baby sister and which dolls he would will to give her.

Now, because of the happy news, the garden party of this year's summer was very special. Even old friends that haven't attended to the parties before were invited and showed up to celebrate. That meant, that also some families with children would be there.

When his mother told Jimin that, he became more nervous than he's ever been before in his whole life. "Mommy?" he hopped up and down next to his mother who was getting ready in the bathroom. "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy! Will the children be nice?"

"I'm sure, darling. But I don't know how many will be there, so don't expect too much," Hyunah answered as she put on her earrings.

"I'm so excited, Mommy!"

"I know, baby!"

Jimin grinned at his mother from ear to ear, before they went down in the garden together to hang up some fairy lights.

~~~

When the first guests arrived, Jimin's head immediately perked up, his eyes searching for children coming along with the adults. But no child to be seen. As his shoulders fell in disappointment, his dad ruffled through his dirty-blonde locks, mumbling, "Don't worry, sports, they'll come."

But they didn't come. Not one single child. Again, Jimin and Susan were sitting alone on Jimin's swing, talking with each other about how unfair it was, that everyone promised him, he'd make friends tonight. Every now and then an adult would give the five years old a pitiful glance. It was quite a sad sight.