Chapter 15

Shota's POV

I remember it like it was yesterday.

~~~Flashback~~~

   "Class this is the assistant teacher Shota Aizawa," he announced.

The room was full of whispers. About 20 faces were focused on me. One stood out the most though. She sat in the middle of the class. She tried hiding behind her peach colored hair. She let a few strands fall in front of her face. She was the only one quiet.

When she finally looked up, I could see her eyes on me. Her silver eyes shined like the stars. She was gorgeous!

When our eyes met she quickly looked back down at her desk. More hair fell in front of her face.

Over the week I got to know the the girls name. Her name was Clementine, but she went by Clem. She was very shy and didn't talk much during class. Her quirk was light/dark. She doesn't know how to control it. Many of the students would talk about how they didn't understand how she got here. There were times she would be close by and here them say it. It was hard to watch.

A few weeks went by and the teacher wanted to test the students fighting skills. Due to the number of absents Clem had to fight against me.  Let's just say the fight ended with her laying flat on her back. I was harsh towards her and made her feel like she wasn't good enough to be at this school. I knew it made her second guess herself and she was pissed.

Later that day I went to apologize. That didn't go over well. She was still very annoyed with me. She was so focused on hitting the punching bag that she really didn't care to listen to me.

A few days later Clem was to fight against her rival, Ryu. She was well prepared! She refused to go out without a fight. She used both light and dark. Some were impressed because we only ever see her use light.

The fight continued for a while. Ryu taunted Clem, which only irritated her more. After that Ryu kept teleporting around her throwing Clem off. She was trying her best to hit him with her light swipe but it wasn't working. You could here her frustrated sighs every time she missed.

   "It's so easy to trick you," Ryu smirked as he taunted her "almost too easy!"

That was the last straw for Clem. She threw down her hands and this cloud of darkness was released! Quickly it covered the ring and started to head into the side lines.

   "Woah, what's going on?" A female student questioned.
   "I can't see anything," complained another one.
   "Shota," the teacher yelled, "use your quirk and get this taken care of!"

Use your quirk? How I can't even see her?!
Quickly I activated my quirk and made a mad dash forward. I know before the darkness appeared Clem was directly in front of me. I stopped knowing she wasn't there.

   "Clem," I spoke.
   "Shota?" She whimpered.

I turned my head to the right, following her voice. I started to make my way over there.

   "Clem keep talking," I said trying to pick up on where she was.

   "Shota," she whispered, "I don't know how to make it go away!"

Her voice was louder which meant that I was close. I quickly sprinted forward hoping to find her. All of a sudden I collided into someone.

   "Ouch," she whined

I looked down and there she was. Clem was directly under me. The darkness was starting to fade as quickly as it came. I rolled off of her and just stared at her. She had tears streaming down her face, and her legs were scrapped up.

   "Ha!" A voice boomed, "I win! You're out of the ring!"

I turned and saw Ryu sitting there directly in the middle of the ring. He pushed his bright green hair out of his face and had a triumphant smile plastered on it.

    "Shota," the teacher spoke, "get Fujioka to the nurses room."

I nodded my head, getting to my feet. I looked down at Clem who was in pretty bad shape. She was breathing heavy, and looked like she could pass out. Sighing I knelt down and scooped her up. As we headed to the nurses office no one said anything. It was completely quiet. Clem hid her face in my chest so no one could see her.

When we arrived at the nurses office I set Clem down on the bed and the nurse came to examine her.

   "Well dear it seems to me like you pushed your limits," she said "I would take it easy from here on out until you're able to control your quirk."

Clem didn't respond she just looked at the ground. The nurse sat in front of her getting ready to clean her knees.

   "I'll do that I'm sure you're very busy," I implied.

   "Alright," she replied standing up to take her leave.

I sighed as I took the seat in front of Clem. She was quiet like usual. I picked up the cloth and the peroxide and began cleaning the cuts.

   "It burns" she whispered.

I looked up and tears were pouring down her face. Almost like a waterfall! Her hands were clenched in her lap.

   "It's almost done," I mumbled lighting pressing the cloth to her other knee. "You did a great job out there t..."
   "Save it" she hissed looking up at me with this look of annoyance. Her lips formed a tight line on her face and even though she was crying a storm was brewing in her eyes. "I failed. I let my quirk get the best of me! You were right Shota. Maybe I'm not cut out to be a hero."

Her words stung. My heart felt like it sank down to my stomach. My hands were no longer steady, they were shaking. When I looked at her face and watched as her tears left her beautiful star light eyes it made me angry. What is this feeling?

What I did next, I can't even explain. It was  like my arms and legs moved on their own because out of nowhere I was holding her. My arms were wrapped securely around her.

   "Don't listen to what I said before. I was stupid and didn't know why I was saying," I began as I stroked the back of her head, "you do have what it take Clem! You are strong and have one of the most amazing quirks there is! I know you'll be able to control it and I'll help you! I promise! So please don't give up on yourself!"

Clem's body was shaking and I could hear her sniffling. Her arms slowly wrapped around me.

   "Shota, thank you!" She cried.

~~~~~end of flashback~~~~~

Looking down at Clem who was fast asleep on my chest I smiled. Her hair was all over the place and I could hear her soft snores.

   "You are a tough hero Clem," I whispered as I kissed her head, "you've come a long way and I'm so proud of you!"