Chapter 7

Present Day

        I laid there in my warm bed only five minutes before my alarm went off. I couldn't help but wonder what class was going to be like today. After the sparring session with Shota yesterday I ended up leaving early. I needed to get away and relax.

        I sighed glancing over at the clock and turning off the alarm. I sat up and rolled out of bed. I threw on my outfit and finished getting ready to head out to the school. Once I was all set I grabbed my house keys and headed out the door. It was a dull looking day out, hopefully it wouldn't look like this all day.

        The walk to school was a short and quiet one. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't realize that the man in front of me was going to the same place I was headed. I couldn't tell who he was from behind but something about him seemed awfully familiar. He was tall and very muscular. His hair was a bright green.

                "Ryu?" I questioned.

        The man stopped in his tracks and turned towards me. Sure enough it was him.

                "Clem is that you?" He asked.

                "Yes it is," I replied.

                "So you're an assistant here too" he said waiting for me to catch up to him.

                "Wait you are too?" I asked in shock.

                "Yeah I was added late," he said with a big cheesy grin on his face.

                "I see," I murmured.

        We walked up to the gate of the school waiting for it to open. As they opened he started to talk again.

                "So are you able to control your powers now?"

        I stopped in my tracks. My powers huh? Why does he want to know? Is he going to rub it in my face if I say no?

                "I guess I can take the as a no," he smirked, "Oh Clem some things never change."

        I held my head down in shame. I was extremely annoyed with him at this point. Why was he doing this to me? I feel like such an idiot being here as an assistant already but with him here I feel like a bigger one.

                "I'll see you around" he said chuckling.

        I shouldn't have even said anything to him. As soon as he realized it was me, he knew exactly what he was going to bring up. I already wasn't that confident in my powers, but now it only made me feel worse. Now my blood was boiling with anger. How dare he!

        He continued to walk into the building to figure out the class destination. Before I knew it I was running after him to catch up. I saw him walking in the direction opposite from mine.

                "Hey," I called out to him.

        He stopped and turned to look at me with a huge smirk on his face, and his glowing green eyes watching me with curiosity.

                "I'm not who I use to be," I spoke my voice laced with annoyance, "so don't underestimate me."

        With that I turned and made my way to my classroom. What a jerk I thought to myself.

        As I approached the door to my classroom I could hear Shota talking. I heard him mention the results of yesterdays tests. I opened the door and stood over to the side as I listened to him. Everyone seemed to be okay with the results but at the same time knew that if they tried harder that could be better.

                "Now we must choose our Class Representatives," Shota added with the same emotionless face, "decided amongst yourselves."

        Shota was about to climb into his yellow sleeping bag but I stopped him.

                "Shota," I spoke quietly and trying to avoid eye contact, "can we talk out in the hallway for a second?"

        He nodded and followed me out into the hallway closing the door behind him. He leaned up against the wall and waited for me to speak.

                "You're right," I sighed fiddling with my shirt sleeves "I don't have full control of my power. Sure it's a little better now but I still have a long way to go. My run in with Ryu today, and our spar yesterday reminded me that I have to work on it."

        He stood there taking in everything I had to say. His face showed concentration. I watched as he ran his hand through his dark black hair. Before I knew it he was looking me straight in the eyes. He had a small smile across his face.

                "Well you know Clem, I support you" he replied in a raspy voice, "also I would gladly help you with your power."

                "R-really?" I asked completely shocked by his answer.

                "Of course," He smiled.

        With that he headed back into class. I felt my cheek burning from me blushing so hard. Does he really mean it? When did he become so...supportive?