THIRTEEN

Olivia pulled out the map. She had to go say goodbye to James. James, Sirius and the others were all in the library which was odd, they rarely worked in the library.

"We should leave at night. No one will notice," she said softly, folding the map up. "Tonight."

He nodded slowly. "You're right."

She sat back and studied him. "Reg...if you're doubting this for even a second..."

He shook his head. "No, we have to do this. It's what's best for us. I want to be safe. To have a future."

She reached over to him, pulling him into her arms. "I'm sorry..."

Regulus hugged her tightly.

-

"James...Sirius...." Olivia said softly as they approached. "We need to talk to you."

James' quill froze and he looked up at them. His eyes flickered between the two of them. He glanced across the table at Sirius, smirking a little.

Remus rolled his eyes, looking down at his textbook.

Sirius sighed, digging out a galleon. He tossed it to James and sat back.

"When's the date?"

"I'm sorry...?" she tilted her head. "James! I'm not pregnant! Why do you always think I'm pregnant!"

James cursed, tossing his galleon back to Sirius.

"What do you need, then?" James frowned.

"To talk to you? That's what I just said," she said softly, squeezing Regulus' hand.

Sirius gestured to them to talk.

"In private," Regulus said, glaring at his brother.

Sirius and James gathered their things.

"Remus too," Olivia added. "Is Peter around, he might—"

"Not Peter," Regulus said sharply.

Liv squeezed his hand. The five of them walked down the hall away from people a bit. James nearly shit himself when the room to their secret room appeared.

"Holy—what the fuck!" he gasped in awe.

Liv just smiled and led the boys inside her and Regulus' room. She gave them all a moment to process it all. Sirius and James were studying the map like crazy before deciding it just wasn't on the map.

While they were getting excited about this new discovery, Remus noticed the packed bags on the bed. He looked over at Liv sadly.

"Don't be stupid," he said to Liv.

James looked up, eyes going to the bags.

"You're leaving?" he said.

"We're leaving," she gestured between the two of them. James just stared.

"He'll find you," Sirius spoke up, eyes watery.

Remus looked tense next to him. Liv could tell he wanted to comfort him. She'd seen that look on his face before he gave Liv a kiss on the forehead when she was sick. But this time it was a pained expression. He looked pained.

Regulus nodded. "The odds aren't great—"

"Aren't great!" James explodes. All four of them flinched are the sound. "The odds are shut. You're going to put her in danger!"

"I didn't tell her to come. She wants to do this. She came make her own choices, Potter!" Regulus hissed.

Liv stared down at her feet, eyes watering with tears. Regulus and James glared at each other, not noticing. Remus was the one who gently pulled her to her feet and hugged her. She buried her face in his shoulder and cried softly. She could feel the rueful looks of her boyfriend and brother. Remus gently pulled back and let James take his place. 

"O-Ollie..." he whimpered. "You can't go..."

"It's the safest option for everyone. W-we can't tell you where we're going though, you know that right?" she whispered, twisting the bracelet on her wrist. The one that read 'Ollie', the one he gave her. She wiped her her eyes. "I love you, James."

"I love you too, Olivia. So much," he whispered. 

Liv's heart ached. He never called her Olivia. Ollie, it was always Ollie. She burst into tears and hugged him tight. 

She heard James sniffling as they hugged. 

She could see a blurry outline of Regulus looking up at Remus and Sirius. Through her tears, she could have sworn they were holding hands. She cried harder into James' shoulder. 

Sirius wanted to tell his baby brother who he was because the odds weren't good. It was dangerous. They might never see each other again. 

Voldemort would kill him if he said he never wanted to be marked. They might get caught and killed if they ran. It was for the best.

When Liv pulled back, Sirius and Remus had seperated and Regulus was crying. 

"I...I wrote Mom and Dad a letter," she said softly to James. She grabbed the envelope out of her bag and handed it to him. "Tell them...tell them I'm sorry." 

James nodded, trying to keep it together. 

"When do you leave?" Sirius asked. 

"At midnight," Regulus answered, voice thick with tears. 

Sirius nodded in response, at a loss for words. 

"You can't appear upset," Liv said. "They'll know you know something. They'll torture you until you say where we are. They'll kill you. If you act oblivious they'll think you're oblivious." 

Regulus nodded in confirmation. "We never had this conversation."

And that was that.