TWELVE

"He's back, he's back! He's back!" James shouted, rushing into the library where Olivia was. "He came back alone. None of the others returned."

Olivia snatched the map and hurried out into the hall. He'd vanished off the map and she could only assume that he was in their secret room. She rushed inside.

There he sat, his messy hair messier than normal. Bruises blossomed on his cheeks and his lip was split. He looked like shit.

She tossed the map aside rushing to his side. "Reg...James said that he head you were meant to be marked..."

"I didn't do it. I backed out. My parents didn't quite like that idea," he said, flinching away as she touched his lip.

"I fucking hate them," she grumbled.

"I know," he sighed. He watched her pull out her want, muttering a few spells to heal the wounds. "How'd you learn that?"

"Avery and his assholes beat me up a lot?" she shrugged.

Regulus looked up at her, guilt lacing his features. He wished he'd done something sooner. He wished he had killed Avery that night he hurt Liv.

"He's after me," he said. "No one backs out like that."

"So we run," she said.

"Run? Liv, no," he shook his head. "Running is worse, okay."

Liv shook her head, taking his hand. "Only if we get caught."

He simply shook his head. Dropping his head into his free hand. Olivia Potter really was her brother's sister after all. Mischievous and everything.

Liv sat back with a small smile. "Fuck school anyway. I want to work as a muggle nurse. I'll have to fake my degree and eligibility anyway in a few years so I can go to Uni."

Regulus shook his head. Six months ago, Liv's soul focus was school and now she was willing to surrender every last bit of it for him. For them.

"Your brother is going to kill you," he shook his head, leaning closer.

Liv's hands moved to his hair, pushing the messy locks back. "Forget James for a minute, please."

He laughed softly, kissing her sweetly. His hands moved to her waist, pulling her into his lap. His hands moved back up to her face, cupping it in his hands.

Liv had her arms around his neck as they kissed, his eyelashes tickling her cheek. She smiled as she pulled back.

"So?"

"So we run," he agreed reluctantly.