Chapter 13

Jemma

I lead Yusei into the Sifer Dorm as he whistles of my room. "Whoa. This is amazing, Jemma." 

I beamed at the Synchro duelist, "Uh, thanks. It's not what you expected to be, isn't?" 

He said, "No kidding, but still , I can't hardly believe that you are Jaden's daughter

I mean, it must been kind of hard for you to keep it as a secret against Paradox. Man, it still blows my mind of just thinking about it." 

I sigh, "I am truly sorry of not revealing who I was sooner and about the slapping, sorry." 

Yusei rubbed his cheek, "I still can't believe you actually had to slap me in the face for me to get out of my head about losing the duel . 

I swear of not making you mad ever again. Speaking of Jaden, do you think he'll be all right?"

I wasn't sure of that question, but I knew that Yugi would talk to him. He's been a mentor to him since he was the one who inspire him to become the next King of Games. 

"To be totally honest, I'm not entirely sure. I mean, I basically time-travelled to the past , remember?

It would be a lot harder for him to accept that I was in a tag -team duel with him." 

Yusei asks, "How come that he never challenged you to a duel? I mean, he's your father, isn't he?"

"He teaches me a lot of Fusion dueling as a teacher here in Duel Academy. Besides, all the students were still stunned of learning who I was, I never had the chance to properly have a duel. He never wanted me to be in danger." I explained to the Synchro duelist. 

"You seemed to be lucky to have a father in your life. I never had mine growing up, I was basically alone until I had friends by my side. " 

I never thought of it that way. Was Yusei right, by having a father in my life?

Jaden

I'm still in shock of everything had happened. Jemma really had a plan all along of trying to defeat Paradox, and I didn't listen. 

She actually time-travelled to the past and I didn't recognize her on the spot! Man, what kind of a father am I of not recognizing your own child?

That was when I heard a voice, that interrupted my thoughts. 

"There you are!" I turned around to see it was Yugi. 

"Oh... Hey, Yugi. What you doing here?" I asked the duelist with a puzzling look. 

"Well... I was worried about you, Jaden. Are you feeling ok? It wasn't you when you ran out after Jemma's secret was revealed." The duelist said. 

"I'm sorry, Yug. It's just... I really can't believe that Jemma would go that far to help us to defeat Paradox. I'm a terrible parent." 

"Com'on, Jaden, you're not a terrible parent. You're the kindest, honest, generous person I ever met. 

You cared for the people around you. Besides, You handle everything up to the last time I saw you when I gave you Winged Kuriboh." 

I took out the card from my deck as Winged Kuriboh came out. 

"You know, if you haven't given me this card, I wouldn't become the duelist I meant to be." I said. 

"See? So, what you so upset about knowing Jemma time-travelled? She was trying to do the right thing, you should be proud of her ." Yugi said. 

I smiled at the King of Games. Whenever I had trouble, he always been there, watching over me like an older brother supporting his younger brother. 

"This gym, is where my journey began in Duel Academy. Back then, all the participating in the entrance exams had to go through with a duel to enter the school. 

When it was my turn, I had to go up against one of my professors with my deck. It wasn't easy task until Winged Kuriboh helped me out a bit. " 

"You never told me about your entrance exam to Duel Academy. So, this is where it all began." 

We turned to see Jemma and Yusei.  

"Jemma, I'm so sorry for running out like that. I guess that I should've said thanks for um... helping us save our Eras. " I said to her as Jemma puts her hand up. 

"Dad, com'on. You are one of the powerful duelists in Duel Academy and that you had Yugi Moto as a mentor , that's quite an accomplishment. 

I know it's weird question to ask, but .... can we duel , just the two of us, as opponents . " 

I ask, "You're sure?"

Yusei said, "I would love to see you two duel each other, no one's here except us. Yugi and I can be the sectors. " 

I see the determination in her eyes that she is serious. 

"Ok, you're on! " 

We set each other on the opposite side of the field, "You're going down , Dad!" 

"Oh, really? Well , let's see! Get your Game on!" 

"Time to get serious!" 

From that day forward, we always be bonded, till the end of time.