"What? Are you gonna drive there now?" Kai asked. She really shouldn't be driving.

"I have to be there so yes, I'm driving there now." Jennie said and walked out of the room.

Kai went after her.

"You can't drive there in your state, you're really upset. It's not safe." Kai argued.

"I'm going Kai." Jennie said firmly.

"Let me drive." Kai offered.

"I can't deal with you being there Kai, I can't. I don't want you there." Jennie said.

Kai felt a sting is his heart by her words but he couldn't let her drive to Seoul in the state she was in, an accident was bound to happen and he couldn't live with himself is something happened to her.

"I wont stay, I'll just drive you. Jennie please, you shouldn't drive when you're this upset. I'll drive you there and then I'll leave, okay?" he said sincerely.

"Okay…" the raven said and nodded.

Jennie wanted to go instantly but Kai convinced her to at least bring a bag with some extra clothes, which she did. She packed in a hurry and then they left.

Kai thought the car ride was excruciatingly silent. Jennie hadn't said a word since they left Busan. She was looking out the window with a forlorn expression on her face. Her hands were folded in her lap and she tried to keep it together but inside she was falling apart.

Kai glanced at her every now and then and he desperately wanted to say something but couldn't think of something. She obviously didn't want to small talk so he just sat in silence as he drove as fast as the speed limit allowed him to go.

When they drove through Daegu Jennie called Dara again. She was afraid to call her but she just needed to hear something about Jisoo's condition. Dara answered immediately.

"Jennie, are you on your way?"

"Yes, we just left Busan." Jennie answered.

"We?" Dara asked.

"Yeah, Kai is driving me… he wouldn't let me drive so he's driving me there and then he'll go back to Busan."

Kai looked at the raven for a second when he heard his name being mentioned. Something about the way she said his name and just her whole body language told him that he wouldn't get her back. It wasn't just because of the situation with Jisoo, well in a way it was, but he realized that she wasn't coming back to him. He swallowed had, not wanting to get emotional in front of Jennie, she had enough to deal with but this realization really hurt. Maybe he had been naive but he had really believed that Jennie would come to her senses and realize what she was throwing away and come back to him. Now he knew that wouldn't happen.

"Have you heard anything?" Jennie asked and she was absolutely terrified of hearing the answer.

"No, she's still in surgery. They said it would take a while but they would let us know how it was proceeding but we still haven't heard anything." Dara answered and Jennie didn't really feel any calmer by that answer.

Why hasn't anyone informed them about how the surgery is going? That can't be a good sign right? She shook her head to try and shake those negative thoughts away, thinking negatively wouldn't help Jisoo. No, just positive thinking. Positive… She has to make it… she has to…

"I call as soon as we reach the hospital." Jennie said and hung up.

Again she turned her head away from Kai's direction and looked out the window, her phone tightly clutched in her hands. Kai glanced at her again.

"Any news?" he asked gently.

"No." was the only reply he got, she didn't even look at him.

He nodded slowly and returned his focus on the road.

Just over two hours later Kai pulled into the parking lot outside the hospital. Jennie had talked to Dara who would meet her by the hospital reception.

"Do you want me to walk you to the entrance?" Kai asked.

"No, it's fine. Thank you for driving me here Kai, I appreciate it." She answered and picked up her bag from the floor and opened the car door.

"Will you let me know how the surgery went?"

"Do you even care?" Jennie spat out before she even registered what she'd said.

Kai looked at her, surprised by her harsh words.

"W-what?" he just stuttered out not really knowing how to respond to that.

"I'm sorry but do you really care what happens? And frankly, calling you to let you know how Jisoo's surgery went isn't on the top of my priority list. Thank you for driving me here but I would really appreciate it if you just left now. I have to go inside." Jennie said and closed the door on a rather shocked Kai.

She really hadn't meant to sound so harsh and she took some of her frustration out on him which wasn't fair, but she really didn't care about that right now. All she cared about was getting inside that hospital and see if Jisoo was out if surgery.

Dara had been pacing back and forth in the hospital foyer waiting for the raven to show up. Every time the entrance door opened she turned her head to see if Jennie would walk through the doors and suddenly she spotted a raven head moving quickly past some people who were also on their way inside. She quickly walked towards her and called out her name when she came closer.

When Jennie heard someone call out her name and met Dara's eyes she couldn't hold it all in any longer. She stepped forward and into Dara's open arms and just broke down.

Dara held the crying woman in her arms and just let her get it all out. She stroked her hair tenderly and though her own tears were running down her face she held it together. Jennie needed her to be strong right now and she could do that.

It was like a dam had broken when Jennie had spotted the older woman. Everything suddenly became so real, Jisoo was somewhere inside this hospital, on an operating table fighting for her life.

When Dara felt that Jennie was calming down a bit she slowly pulled back and wiped the tears from the raven's face as well as her own.

"Have… have you heard anything? How is she doing?" Jennie asked with a very teary voice.

"A nurse came to talk to us about 30 minutes ago and they'd manage to get the bleeding under control and had started to repair the damage the bullet caused." Dara answered. It sounded surreal to hear those words leave her mouth.

Jennie just nodded. Dara picked up Jennie's bag from the floor and put one arm around her shoulder.

"Let's go to the waiting room, your father is there." Dara said.

"Yeah."

Dara opened the door to the waiting room area and guided Jennie inside. The raven instantly saw her father who was standing up and he came towards them and pulled his daughter into his arms.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart." He whispered and kissed her hair.

Jennie started crying again and tightened her hold around her father.

"She's going to be okay. She's going to come back to us. To you…" he said and kissed her hair again.

Jennie buried her face in his chest and just let her father hold her.