Chapter 30

After a very drawn-out coffee break and an even more drawn-out goodbye, Jennie left Jisoo behind and started to drive the last few miles to Dara's cabin.

When she stepped out of her car memories of what happened last time she was at the cabin washed over her. As she walked toward the cabin she glanced at the boat house and remembered the night she spent there with Jisoo. She had stolen her heart so completely and Jennie had been hers since that first day. Those feelings gave her more courage to face her dad and actually tell him about how her life had taken a completely different and unexpected turn but how she would never ever want to change it back to how it was before.

Dara came out of the cabin with a laundry basket and instantly spotted the very nervous looking raven walking slowly towards the cabin. She put the basket down on the porch and walked down to greet the young woman.

"Jennie. Hi sweetheart." Dara said as she embraced the raven.

"Hi Dara. So good to see you." Jennie replied and hugged the older woman back.

"How are you?" Dara asked.

"Uhm... Honestly, not so good...I'm terrified really..." Jennie answered honestly.

Dara rubbed Jennie's upper arms encouraging.

"No matter what happens I'll always be here okay? You can always come to me." Dara said sincerely.

She didn't really trust her voice to reply to that, she was so incredibly moved by this woman's warmth and by how much she really cared. She just nodded and bit her lower lip, feeling slightly overwhelmed but also nervous beyond words.

"Thank you Dara." She managed to say and gave the older woman a small smile.

Before Dara could say anything else Jiyong suddenly stepped out of the cabin carrying a bunch of fishing equipment which he instantly put down when he noticed that his daughter had arrived.

With a big smile on his face he joined his soon to be wife on the lawn and gave his daughter a big hug.

"It's so good to see you Jennie." he said still smiling as he pulled back and wrapped his arm around Dara's shoulder.

"It's good to see you too dad." Jennie replied feeling like she was about to have a minor panic attack at any second.

Dara noticed the change in Jennie's appearance the moment Jiyong joined them and seeing how terrified the younger woman looked, she deiced to return her attention to the laundry.

"I'm gonna let you two talk alone, I have some laundry that wont hang itself." she said and smiled before she excused herself and returned to the cabin to get the laundry basket.

Jennie watched her leave and all she wanted was to ask her to stay, she wanted her support but at the same time she knew she had to do this alone. She swallowed hard and met her father's eyes.

"Shall we go down to the lake?" Jiyong suggested.

"Yeah..." Jennie replied.

Jiyong put his arm around Jennie's shoulder and smiled as they walked down to the lake oblivious of how his daughter was struggling to keep it together.

"So, what did you have to tell me?" Jiyong asked as they reached the lake and walked out on the pier to take a seat at one of the two small benches that were placed there facing the water.

"I... uhm... I don't really know how to start..." Jennie started.

"It's just me Jennie, you know you can tell me anything." Jiyong said encouraging.

Jennie looked down at her hands trying to find an appropriate way to start this conversation but realized rather quickly that there really is no appropriate way to tell your father you've fallen in love with a woman.