Chapter 33

It was pretty late when Jennie turned onto the road that lead to her and Kai's house. She didn't know when she'd decided that she would go back to her home, where Kai would be, but somewhere during the long drive back she decided that she would take her chance and go home. She really didn't have anywhere else to go, all her friends in Busan were also Kai's friends.

Other couples that they consorted with on a regular basis and though they all were really nice and sweet she didn't feel comfortable with confiding in any of them about this new situation that had occurred. She was fairly certain than Kai hadn't said anything to their friends either.

Her two closest and best friends lived across the country and she really wished they would be closer, especially now.

Turning off the engine she took a deep breath and braced herself before she slowly stepped out of the car, grabbed her bag and walked towards the front door. She quickly realized that Kai was home cause she saw reflections of light from the TV when she looked through the small window on the large wooden door. Taking another deep breath she put the key in the lock and slowly turned till she heard a clicking sound that indicated that the door was unlocked. She pushed the handle down and opened the door instantly hearing the sound coming from the TV and she suddenly felt very nervous with the fact that she would see Kai again.

Kai though he heard something and got up from the couch. He was shocked to see Jennie standing in the hallway.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

Jennie looked at him, she couldn't quite read him and the tone of his voice didn't indicate anything either. Still, she prepared for a coming outburst.

"It's my house too Kai." she simply answered.

"Oh, so your little trip to 'Lesbianville' is already over? Let me guess? You weren't gay enough for her, you realized that something was missing so you decided to come crawling back to me?" he said sarcastic.

Jennie just looked at him, she didn't recognize the man standing in front of her. Kai had never ever talked to her like this ever before. He'd never been mean to her and she knew he was hurting but it still surprised her that the man she spent seven years of her life with would feel like a complete stranger.

"I didn't come here to fight with you, I know you're hurt and I know that you don't want me here but I live here too. This is my house too and if you can't handle me being here I suggest you leave. I'm gonna go to the guestroom, you can either pack up and leave or continue to watch the game. It's your call." she said and walked past him.

Kai stood and watched Jennie walk into the guestroom and close the door behind her. He hadn't expected her to say that and he stood debating on whether to pack up and leave or just go back to watching the game and just ignore the fact that his fiancee, well ex-fiancee now, was in the guestroom.

He though about it for a moment and then returned to the living room to watch the end of the game.

His fave team had won the game and normally he would be thrilled but as he sat in front of the TV he hardly even registered that the game was over. Why had Jennie come back? Had she realized that the Jisoo thing had just been a mistake? Did she want him back, was that why she was here? Thousands of thought's were running through his mind and he knew he wouldn't be able to think about anything else until he got some answers.

Slowly he made his way over to the guest room and raised his hand to knock on the door but hesitated. He wasn't sure this was such a good idea but then again, he had to get some answers so he knocked.

Jennie was surprised to hear a knock on the door, she thought for sure Kai would either leave the house or try his damnedest to avoid her.

"Jennie? Can we talk?" she heard him say from outside the door.