Chapter 19

Jennie was lying on the bed still crying. She'd heard the sound of a car starting and leaving and realized Jisoo had left. God how did she manage to get herself in such a mess? Everything felt like a complete chaos and she had no idea how to get out of it.

The soft sound of a knock on the door startled her. She knew Dara stood on the other side and had probably figured things out, if Jisoo hadn't already told her. She heard the faint squeaking of the door opening but didn't turn around.

"Jennie?... How are you?" Dara asked.

She knew it was a dumb question, obviously the girl wasn't fine but she didn't know what else to say. When she left the boathouse she knew she at least had to go see how the other woman was doing. Judging by what she saw though, the raven seemed far from fine.

"She's gone right?..." Jennie asked with a hoarse voice.

"Yes. She's going back home." Dara answered and noticed the raven nodded slowly in acknowledgment.

"Can I get you anything?" Dara asked gently.

"No... I just wanna be alone for a while..." Jennie answered.

"Okay. Well I'll just be in the kitchen if you need anything." Dara said and left the room.

Jennie closed her eyes hard, tears slipped out and made their way down to her already dampened pillow. What was she gonna do? It felt unreal. She wished that she was just having a nightmare and that she would wake up soon and then everything would be okay again.

Jennie had eventually fallen asleep, completely exhausted. When she woke up a couple of hours later it was getting dark outside. She checked her phone for the time and it was past 7.30 pm. Deciding to get some air she grabbed her shoes and walked out of the room. Dara was sitting in the living room watching television. She smiled kindly when she saw the raven.

"Are you hungry? There's food to heat up in the fridge." Dara said.

"I'm not hungry, but thanks anyway. I'm just gonna go outside for a while to get some air." the raven said.

Dara nodded and Jennie smiled weakly before she went outside. She walked down to the pier and sat down by the edge and put her feet into the water. She cast a glance at the boathouse and felt fresh tears starting to build up.

Dara had been sitting in the cabin contemplating the whole situation with her daughter and Jennie. She knew she had to do something, talk to the raven and let her know that she wasn't judging her, or Jisoo too for that matter. She'd called her daughter three times since she'd left but Jisoo had turned her phone off. Dara had left two messages and told her that she wasn't disappointed in her, she could never be disappointed in her and begged her to call back as soon as she got the message.

Knowing her daughter she knew she wouldn't be getting any phone calls tonight and she wasn't going to push her. She'd call back when she was ready but the raven was still here and was probably feeling very confused. Dara decided she would take a risk and try to talk to the raven.

Jennie had no idea how long she'd been sitting there by the water when she heard that someone was coming. She turned around and saw Dara walking slowly towards her.

"Do you mind if I sit with you for a while?" Dara asked gently.

"No, I don't mind..." Jennie answered.

Dara smiled and walked over to the raven and took a seat beside her. Jennie was looking out over the water.

"Jisoo told you haven't she?" Jennie said softly and glanced quickly at Jisoo's mother.

"Yes. She didn't tell me any details or anything like that, just that something had happened between you two. But from the state you both were in I could already tell that something had happened." Dara explained.

"She left because of me right?" Jennie asked sadly and Dara's heart broke for the woman beside her.

"Oh honey... I think she just needed some time and space to think about things." Dara said hoping that raven wouldn't take the blame for Jisoo's departure.

"Yeah, space from me... I don't blame her though..." Jennie said sadly.

"Sweetie..." Dara said and put her arm around Jennie's shoulder.

The raven kept staring out over the lake, there was a moments silence.

"I don't know how to stop feeling this way... She makes me feel something... Kai has never made me feel like this... and it's crazy cause I've only known her for a few days..." Jennie whispered, afraid to say it too loud.

Dara rubbed Jennie's shoulder gently as she listened to the raven who pretty much was repeating what Jisoo told her earlier.

"I'm so confused... It's like I don't even know who I am anymore... I've never been attracted to women before, but I am attracted to Jisoo... God what does that mean? Then there's Kai and he's like the sweetest guy and I don't wanna hurt him... God! What's wrong with me? I don't know what to do Dara, I don't know what to do..." she started crying again and Dara wrapped her arms around the smaller woman and held her tight, hoping she could prevent some comfort.

Jennie turned and let Dara embrace her.

"I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you this: I'll always be here if you need to talk, about anything." she pulled back and looked at the raven woman.

"I'll never judge you. I can only imagine how confusing this is but know that there's nothing wrong with you. Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control. No matter what you decide to do, you'll have my support. I know we've only known each other for a short time but I care about you very much and if you need me, I'm here. Okay?" Dara said gently and wiped the tears from Jennie's cheek.

"Thank you..." Jennie said.

"You must be starving, come on. Let's go back to the cottage and fix you something to eat." Dara suggested.

"Okay." Jennie said.