|| twelve ||

"I, Adrien Agreste, take thee, Marinette Dupain Cheng, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I pledge thee my faith for you." 

***

     "Marinette, if you don't wake up in the next five minutes you're gonna lose your job." Madison harshly whispered in Marinette's ear, glancing around to see where their boss was. Madison, who was Marinette's co-worker, desk sharer and companion has been her closest work friend ever since. Coincidentally, they both got the job near similar dates and were mixed up due to both of their last and first names starting with an M and C. Over the years, Marinette has become a chill individual, while Madison has every nerve on trigger. Madison began to worry and shook her violently but quietly.
     "Marinette, come on!" Madison cried, patting her harsher and harsher as the time ticked. To Marinette, their boss was like an older version of high school Chloe. She had an annoying tone and was hard to like. It's still been five years since stepping in the AG ENTERTAINMENT building as a full-time worker, but her resentment against her boss has not improved at all. 
     Initially, Marinette was never going to apply to an entertainment agency. Her dream workplace since young was either a little boutique in new york city or in france, but somehow Alya called her at four in the morning screaming that AG ENTERTAINMENT had a few full time job opportunities for design and news. Alya, who was a large fan of FIFX3, a five boy band group was under the management under AG ENTERTAINMENT, and of course Alya was on top of every nears pertaining to them. Although Marinette had no opinions of them, she liked that Alya had a hobby that she truly loved. 
     At the end of the job positions, that was also between the senior college finals, all was for good results. Marinette somehow managed to get a job as a designer, but sadly for Alya she was disqualified. Over a few cans of beer, she was motivated once again to find a job. Over the past five years, she's been fortunate enough to work with lots of artists, models and actors. She even traveled to Iceland as a designer because the client was filming for an episode there. 
    She managed to also get a sign from FIFX3 wishing happy birthday, which she almost framed if she could have. 
     "Fine," Marinette sighed, "I'm getting up." She drowsily woke up, having a red mark on her forehead. Marinette loved being a designer, she's been doing it for years, but this was the first time she ever had a slump. She supposed that all these projects burned her out, and now she was out of ideas. Of course the period of a sudden demand for outfits were done, but she still needed to produce for the company. 
     "Are you okay?" Madison asked, giving Marinette a worried look. 
     "I'm burned out, or I think I am. I can't think straight and I haven't worked with this concept since two years ago." Marinette was getting frustrated, how could a company have such big expectations from someone who hasn't worked in this concept area for years. She was in the brighter and pastel area, but recently she was told to do a more mature and darker look as that area of the company was currently lacking hands. It was unfair, after she thought she was finally getting some rest, the company gives her another large project. Her superiors didn't even have as much work as her, but she wondered why she was a victim of this prejudice. If she wasn't getting a promotion this year, Marinette was considering a leave. "There's no consistency in this agency!" Marinette yelled, not loud enough for her boss to hear but loud enough to get some turning heads. 
     "I'm getting tea." Marinette mumbled, stomping to the small room. There were a few interns there, chatting it up and smiling, wearing perfect makeup and having their hair still intact even though work was ending soon. Marinette no longer had time to wake up early enough to get her makeup and hair done, and was so close to late that she almost always had to chase the bus. She opened the door to the room, getting a green tea bag and dunking it in her mug and stared at the clock. "Five more minutes, and I'm leaving." 

***

     It was eight PM, and the release of her tight heels were euphoric. After getting changed, she slumped on her couch, barely able to reach the tv remote. She was hungry, but at this moment- she could not stand another second of being on her feet. She looked at the moon and began to frown. She missed Adrien, his smile, his hair, the way he messed with her hair. After a few minutes, her stomach could not take the lack of food and found a package of pre-made mac-and-cheese in her freezer. She heated it in her microwave and ate the food, eating it clean.
     It was one in the morning, and Marinette was finally in her bed after sketching some ideas for the mature concept. She always managed to have the best ideas in her room, and never had any ideas in her office desk. She set it aside, and turned the lights off. Recently, sleeping was lonely, there hasn't been anyone at her side for a long time. She soon got used to it though, it wasn't the end of the world.

***   

     Marinette woke up to the smell of food- pastries and eggs in specific. Maybe her parents were over cooking her a breakfast, she missed it. She smiled and slipped her feet in her slippers, managing to look at that clock and noticed how she had two hours before her work was suppose to work. Her day was getting on a good start already. 
     "Mom, how did you get her-" She paused as she saw that it was not her mother or father, but Adrien! He smiled, walking up to her and embracing her with a hug. 
     "Sorry I was gone for so long, the meetings in America were just piling on top of each other. I missed you bubba." He kissed her and pointed at the table. There was a glass vase that had newly put daisies as the centerpiece of the table, and two clean plates of vegetable omelettes and freshly made bread. "I hope you didn't miss me too much, I love you." 
     "I loved you too."  

A/N: thank you all for following my book, Lust! I was so shocked at the amount of positivity that Lust has gotten. Although it's a shame, Lust is over, and I'm sorry for leaving you guys on so many cliffhangers. I have another account where I'm more active but it's not for Miraculous Ladybug (it's kpop lmao), so if you want to know what it is, ask away! thanks for everything that you guys did for this, it was so fun!!