|| nine ||

Adrien P.O.V

          I needed to do it. Soon. I had a horrible dream where I waited too long, so I never had a chance with my loved one. Was this suppose to be reality, and God was just giving me another chance?

          Today it was a Friday, a day I was either going to regret or treasure. A memory or a heart break.

          Class was in session like usual, nothing out of the ordinary. I would pay attention but I was just overthinking of what I should do with Marinette. I was practically telling her my feelings today her ever since I liked her.

***

          Marinette and I ate together like usual, but I was less lively and picky about the food that I was eating. "Adrien?" Marinette asked as she was chewing some tomatoes at the side of my mouth. "H-huh?" I croaked, getting some bottled water from my bag. "Something wrong? You don't seem as into it as other days? Ah, bad grade?" She infers, as she grabs another bite of that tomato. "H-huh? Y-yeah. Something around like I guess." I muttered slowly. She nodded her head," Everyone can relate, even the smartest had the worst grades before." She says as she grabs a few pieces of lettuce and stuffs it in her mouth.

          "You can get over it, your average will be fine it's that your only bad grade, if that's what you're worried about." She says after she finishes chewing her food. 

"Ah, I'm stuffed." Marinette says as she fell slowly down the chair. As she goes down, she has a glimpse of my tray. "Adrien come on, you're going to make me look like the fat one here." She jokes. "S-sorry!" I say in shock. Her? Fat? She gives me a serious look, and then a confused one. "Hey hey I was just joking. Are you actually okay?" I sigh, playing with my food with my plastic fork. "N-no. Not really." I say in defeat. "Why what's wrong?" She says in a serious tone. "Just thinking about stuff. It's not about school... well, actually it is... but like it's not part of academics... actually?" I say as I trail off into a mutter like a deep foggy tree forest at midnight.

          "If you want anyone to talk to, just come to m-" "actually!" I interrupted as she gave me widened eyes. "Can we meet after school to talk about this? If you're not busy, by any chance." I ask. "Yeah sure! Just make sure it doesn't keep me until 6." She jokes, giving me a wide smile. She glances as the clock. "OH geez. I need to go now Adrien, see you later at 3!" She says running off. I see her and her reflexes run and jump passing people without touching their bodies.

I was actually going to do this now. Commitment, and God it was scary.