|| f o u r ||

-Adrien

Of course, Marinette beat me. It was Saturday, and Marinette was teaching me something. My dad likes to her, he thinks she is a good inference to look at. And with the family stuff, turns out marinette's mom is a best-national writer, and her dad owns cheng Corp, a gaming company.

(If you notice something, when I add Marinette's parents' jobs and they have the same one, they actually don't have any connection lol)

          "Hey, Mari?" I put crossed my legs, leaning on her shoulder. "Yeah?" She was beating some level which you can beat on servers. Only a few can go with a high ranking. I had my boundaries, but I wanted to go over them. She sees them as a friendly gesture anyway. So I kissed her on the cheek. The red on my cheeks showed, making me smile. I had some courage today, at least.

          The game has ended, and Marinette won, once again. "Thanks." She thumbed her finger, kissing me back and ruffling my hair. "H-ha. No worries." I covered my face with my knees, leaving me with a big, goofy smile. I couldn't help it, but for such a smart person, she was really dense from my feelings.

          "Hey, Mari?" I asked, as she put the game controller down. "Yeah?" She yawned, stretching. "D-do you ever get pissed from the amount of people who fake being your friend... because of me? That sounds really narcissistic, sorry." I fumbled with my fingers as the words came out. "Simple don't care. I know who my real and fake ones are. And it's true, but I have trust issues. So if someone actually wanted to become friends, I probably wouldn't believe it." She shrugged as it was nothing. "Sorry for those trust issues." I mumbled, perching my lips. "It's not your fault. I had it since 6." She played another round, making up some new moves for battle. "Wow, young age Mari." I thought of the number six. I played soccer, and she was quiet and cold. Yet, graceful.

          My constant poking at her wasn't even annoying to her. It was like, she was used to it. "Hey... Mari. Who do you like?" I soon realized of what I said, slapping my mouth a millisecond after. "Eh. I like someone, but I don't like he would reciprocate my feelings. He already has a list of girls who want him." She strugged her shoulder. "Who do you like?" She asked, pressing a few keys. "Oh, eh. Same with you. I don't think she likes me back." I frowned a bit. She was so dense. "Is she one of your friends?" Her eyes, still glued, were on the screen. "Yeah." She may be dense, but she doesn't really know my friends other than Nino.

"Well, good luck." She gave a slight smile, K.O-ing a newbie. "He can't play in this server now." We saw his name out of the leaderboard, and him getting kicked out of the server. I peered my eyes to the messages, it seems like they only talked about Marinette.

MMsix: Shit, no one is getting rank one with her around.
Wei: Wait, it's a girl?!
MMsix: Yeah, you didn't hear?
MMsix: I saw her in a convention once. She was adorable and petite, but her whole presents made me shutter.
Wei: This is going to sound creepy, but I heard her dad was the the company founder of cheng Corp.
MMsix: wait, really?

I saw the conversation read, as so as Marinette. I saw her stare at the screen, going to type soon.

MCP: If you are talking about me which is on a public service chat, there is a thing called coordinates of private chats.
MCP: And if you are planning to degrade me, let's fight. I dare you.
MMsix: hey, hey. Let's calm down. We didn't mean any harm.
Wei: Yeah ^
MCP: hope you realize that rank ones could summon a battle.
Wei: fine!

I saw Marinette, killing her component, not even trying. We saw wei out of the leaderboards. "Well, he's gone." She said oh-so casually. "That's cool." I mumbled. I realized how high the ranks they were. And they got beat like that. "Wanna go somewhere? I'm hungry." She may read me, but I knew what and where she wanted to eat. Her favorite bakery down a few blocks. "Sure, bakery?" For the first time, she shook her head. "I found out that the girl's parents' own the place." She frowned, and it was her favorite place to eat. She was rich, but she liked eating "commoner" food.

"There is this ramen place down the street from the school." I remembered now, we always take each other home with our chauffeurs since we are neighbors, but she was looking at some new ramen place. "Yeah, sure. Wanna walk or?" Without hesitation, she wanted to walk. "Okay, let's go." We stood up, logging out.

I seemed to realize that Marinette and I never really walk together. Like, we basically are together like glue 24/7 but we always take the car. With my modeling and stuff, I usually have to take the car, but Marinette can come with me since she doesn't disrupt. Someone dared me to add Chloe, but she basically ruined the whole shoot. Because of her we only took about 10 photos for my dad's new publisher magazine. Marinette was sitting, supporting me and keeping quiet, to be honest, some people don't even realize she is there unless they go really close to her.

"So, how many friends have you made since you came here?" I asked, breaking my train of thought. She shrugged. "Meh, no one except you." She become quiet. She has been here for like 8 months. She should have at least one more friend. I'm not complaining, I mean, I have a huge crush on her as well, but for her own good, I wish she had like a friend who was a girl just to relate. "Don't you want some friends that are girls?" God, I was pissing her off so much. "I don't understand them." She said it in such a confusing matter. "Why do they put danger on their skin and body to look and seem "attractive?" I don't understand any of it. And why do they like the mall so much? I never saw one of those "groupies" go in computer stores or buy games. I'm not being sexist. It true. Hope they realize that gender rolls are disgusting. Fuck gender rolls." She said it so politically and well mannered. It scared me.

"Y-yeah... Fuck gender rolls."

Short chapter but high honors, fencing, violin, coding, computer editing, etc is all such a pain haha