|| ten ||

"I like you." His voice hitched, cracking up. 

***

There they were, feeding pigeons like an old married couple. Marinette gave her second bag of wheats and seeds to Adrien, smiling at him. "It's unhealthy to give them bread, with this they'll have nutrients and protein."  

It was a peaceful afternoon, as if the world was on his side today. He stood up from his ground squat, groaning in satisfaction. He brought out his wallet and grinned. "Lets go eat some Italian. My treat." 

Unlike most people, she refused the offer and demanded that she would pay her share. She won, obviously. As they got in the restaurant, it was surprisingly empty which was even better. They would be able to talk without yelling and the food would come out hot. 

Adrien ordered an alfredo carbonara, and Marinette ordered a pesto pasta dish. They both got a side of caesar salad, how healthy

***

Adrien

I soon realized that I truly loved Marinette. She was pretty, had a good mind for her future, and was always down to have a deep conversation. Originally, I thought the dinner was gonna be chill. We would talk about school and some other stupid stuff, and probably forget about it later on. Instead, we got on the topic about life, parents, sacrifices, future goals. We got pretty deep. That's when I knew, God was telling me something.

I breathed in and out heavily, closing my eyes. Don't be a pussy. 

He grabbed Marinette's arm and positioned her to face him. "Is something wron-"

"I like you." His voice hitched, cracking up. 

a/n: it's a really small, small chapter because it's so late at night and I'm losing brain cells bye bye