twelve

Natalie's skin was glistening and the hair at the nape of her neck felt damp as she pulled her hair into a bun

Natalie's skin was glistening and the hair at the nape of her neck felt damp as she pulled her hair into a bun. The design of the GyroSphere was perfect for getting a clear view of all your surroundings, but it did nothing to provide shade for those inside.

"Try not hit me in the face, yeah," Zach huffed at Natalie as he leaned further back into his seat, barely avoiding Natalie's elbow grazed his nose as she tied off the bun.

"You wish I'd hit you in the face," Natalie grumbled. The discomfort of the heat was making the teen grouchy, especially after driving around seeing nothing for almost five minutes.

"What?" Zach frowned at his friend as she winced against the Central American sun, "That doesn't even make sense, Nat,"

"You don't make sense,"

"Where are they?" Gray's question interrupted the two as he squinted into the distance, trying to catch at least a glimpse of one of the dinosaurs that were supposed to be there.

"God, stop whining," Zach scolded his brother as he adjusted his arm that was resting on Natalie's knee.

"No, Gray's got a point. There are meant to be thirty species here and we haven't seen a single one," Natalie agreed with Gray as she looked across the remote fields.

Zach glared at Natalie for siding with Gray but it dropped as soon as he saw the cheeky grin on her face as she leaned in close to him. "What if they've gone somewhere private?" she whispers to him, her breath brushing against his ear, "You know, a bit of dino dumping. Some Stego-sore-arse. They're all dino-whores."

Zach's body shuddered from trying to hold in his sniggers as Natalie spouted out more dinosaur sex puns. Natalie's snort caught Gray's attention as she choked on her laughter. "What? Natalie, I can't hear you," Gray complained as he tried to make out what she was whispering.

"Nat thinks they're all having sex,"

"Zach!" Natalie slapped Zach's arm as he burst into laughter. To protect himself from the oncoming assault, Zach let go of the gearstick so he could grab Natalie's hand tightly and pinned it against her leg.

"Guys! Guys, look!" Gray exclaimed, shaking Natalie's arm fervently as he pointed into the distance. Zach let out a breathy laugh before he let go off Natalie's hand to push the GyroSphere forward. Natalie couldn't say anything, her mouth falling open in awe at the sight before her.

By the tree lines, dinosaurs of all different species leisures under the Central American sun. A pack of Stegosaurus, colossal red spines from their neck to the tip of their tails. Their heads were so small for the body size. A mother brontosaurus grazes the thick, juicy vegetation of the swampy plain. Her calf stays close and stretches his neck upward, gazing up at the bright sun in the cloudless sky.

As they got closer, Natalie could feel the ground shake with each step the dinosaurs took. Their groans seemed to echo around them as Zach skillfully manoeuvered around them all, avoiding their feet and tails. "This is... incredible," Natalie finally managed to say as a grin stretched across her cheeks.